Infection II

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
xoid

Re: Infection II

Postby xoid » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:16 am

I was able to infect swimmers by viruses but infected swimmer do not as I expect. They turn to fagocite m16 I specified in virus.
But that fagocite born some random cells not new virus I specified in M16
M16 - (M16+M13)
M13 should be virus but m16 splits to some cells I can't identify.
So the problem is reproduction of infected cells. In manual, infected cells should split up to 3 generation as it written in source. But I got not such behavior

Thank for you help

Alast

Postby Alast » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:50 am

In 99.999% of the times you want to make sure you copy from one mode of your genome to the same mode of the target genome. Otherwise things get messy.

Bwisialo has written up his comprehensive insights on Virocytes in the General Discussions forum.

Bottom line is: analyse the target genome and use the same modes in your solution where needed :)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but it tries hard!

xoid

Postby xoid » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:29 am

@same mode of the target genome@

I didnt understand. Is it mean I should copy from my M2 to enemy M2?

Must I load enemy genotype to editor to infect it?

Alast

Postby Alast » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:06 pm

Yes, that is my recommendation, copy from Mode X to Mode X and not to Mode Y. So if you copy from M2 then copy it to M2 and not any other mode. In order to do that right you'll want to load the target genome into the Genome Editor to examine the modes used and then build your virus accordingly.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but it tries hard!

Return to “Discussion of Challenges”