37: Friction 2

Here we remember old challenge discussions that got purged in the great forum cleanup of 2018.
bwisialo

Re: 37: Friction 2

Post by bwisialo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:56 pm

Hmm... The changes I made got it to complete Friction II, if you put the initial cell toward the left side of the plate with nutrients directly in their path. Basically, you want to position the initial cells so that offspring hit that walls ate the same time all around the dish -- rather than part of the dish maxing out while another part hasn't even been used.

Yeah, Neurocyte settings can get goofy with evolution, but if they work, they work, and these work fine with some small changes.

Also, I think you genome produces the Neurocyte first, then the Myocyte and Phagocyte. You'd save a little energy by producing the Phagocyte first -- the Neurocyte loses mass faster, and even though it's just a tiny bit, it can make a difference. Phagocyte first would also help get mass to the Phagocyte, which is going to produce the offspring. For initial cells, you can also start with a Lipocyte that splits into two of the Lipocytes that produce your worms. That doubles that worms you get to start with and allows you to point them in different directions.
amor fati
Reaper Elite
Location: In the Underworld eating bacon and watching anime with Marilyn Monroe

Post by Reaper Elite » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:41 pm

wap, think you could send me that genome :?:
"A mercenary can always find a war to fight if they look hard enough"
"You become a changed person when you face me and deny me your soul."
wapcaplet

Post by wapcaplet » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Sure, here's the original designed/evolved one I posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dj0hu7rvvxj8 ... enome?dl=0

And with Bwisialo's suggested alterations:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1drepk1y5a9uy ... enome?dl=0

They peak around 400-500 on Friction 2. By the way, I still have not completed this challenge, though I haven't really made any serious attempts since my comments above.
Reaper Elite
Location: In the Underworld eating bacon and watching anime with Marilyn Monroe

Post by Reaper Elite » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:24 am

If you peeps need a solution, pm me. It will finish Friction I & II. (On friction II it will need a little while like 29 seconds on good placement)
"A mercenary can always find a war to fight if they look hard enough"
"You become a changed person when you face me and deny me your soul."