(40) scarce conditions 3

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
Twinfreaks

(40) scarce conditions 3

Postby Twinfreaks » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:17 pm

OK.
I started with my organism from scarce 2.
I first made them "pregnant", meaning the eggs they lay are carried on the head untill they split. Also I primed splitting masses so they were more likely to become the four cell adult than the two-three celled swimmers that relie on luck to hit nutrients.
Then I made the head alternate between splitting offspring and junk lipos. They just sit there for a long time increasing the cell count without using (or competing for) more nutrients.
I also made some small changes to the brain and muscle. I didn't observe them acting more like I wanted, but I had changed their color and the new ones were all that remained in the dish at time of completion.
When completed the junk lipocytes accounted for an estimated 100 cells.
The total cell count reached 750 before I discarded.

Alast

Re: (40) scarce conditions 3

Postby Alast » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:57 pm

Glad you found a solution.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but it tries hard!

bwisialo

Re: (40) scarce conditions 3

Postby bwisialo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:24 pm

Twinfreaks wrote:OK. I started with my organism from scarce 2.... Also I primed splitting masses so they were more likely to become the four cell adult than the two-three celled swimmers that relie on luck to hit nutrients.... I also made some small changes to the brain and muscle.

Do you mean Scarce 1? Because you can't use a Myocyte is Scarce 2. That's very nice work for a Myocyte swimmer. :) Two-Flagellocyte swimmers are much more efficient in the end. You should try working with those some more. :)
amor fati

Return to “Discussion of Challenges”