An easy way I beat avoidance

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
Harryjames2045

An easy way I beat avoidance

Postby Harryjames2045 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:18 pm

For the longest time I wasn't able to beat avoidance I would get so close then at some point a swimmer wouldn't avoid and would cause me to fail. But today I beat it with an organism that had no smart based cells it wasn't even a swimmer
I beat it using a simple one mode glueocyte that's it I only had to modify its nutrient priorities
All I did was attach it to the center organism

I wanted to share this only because I've had huge troubles with this challenge and because what was interesting is eventually the glueocyte tore the sensocyte away from the stemocyte which gave me an idea what if there were a prey that avoided being hunted by removing the sensocyte from the predator. Or a predator that made its prey unable to flee by removing its sensocyte or stereocyte

Noughtypixy

Re: An easy way I beat avoidance

Postby Noughtypixy » Thu May 11, 2017 3:56 pm

Wow took me ages to make a swimmer to avoid that.
beware the pixys

Reaper Elite
Location: In the Underworld eating bacon and watching anime with Marilyn Monroe

Postby Reaper Elite » Thu May 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Avoidance is tough yeah. You want my genone for it? (Mine was the unintended solution)
"A mercenary can always find a war to fight if they look hard enough"
"You become a changed person when you face me and deny me your soul."

Noughtypixy

Postby Noughtypixy » Thu May 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Harryjames2045 wrote:For the longest time I wasn't able to beat avoidance I would get so close then at some point a swimmer wouldn't avoid and would cause me to fail. But today I beat it with an organism that had no smart based cells it wasn't even a swimmer
I beat it using a simple one mode glueocyte that's it I only had to modify its nutrient priorities
All I did was attach it to the center organism

I wanted to share this only because I've had huge troubles with this challenge and because what was interesting is eventually the glueocyte tore the sensocyte away from the stemocyte which gave me an idea what if there were a prey that avoided being hunted by removing the sensocyte from the predator. Or a predator that made its prey unable to flee by removing its sensocyte or stereocyte

just tried it again, standard gluecyte with no collor slams avoidance
beware the pixys

bwisialo

Postby bwisialo » Thu May 11, 2017 4:27 pm

There's already a thread on these sorts solutions. Hopefully the update will make Glueocytes unavailable in the challenge. It should.
amor fati

bwisialo

Postby bwisialo » Thu May 11, 2017 5:06 pm

There's a Walkthrough for the challenge and it shows how to make an avoiding swimmer solution.
amor fati

ruffo

Postby ruffo » Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Wow, the simple gluocyte. Who'd have thought. I used a "trick" solution, but I used a gluocyte that would split into a neurocyte and the egg of a smart swimmer. The neurocyte would be stuck to the stemocyte and provide negative signalling, while the smart swimmer would do its thing and cover the plate.

But I never even tried using one simple gluocyte. Incredible. Yes gluocytes need to be removed from Avoidance :D

Reaper Elite
Location: In the Underworld eating bacon and watching anime with Marilyn Monroe

Postby Reaper Elite » Thu May 11, 2017 8:47 pm

I 100% disagree with that.
"A mercenary can always find a war to fight if they look hard enough"
"You become a changed person when you face me and deny me your soul."

Alast

Postby Alast » Fri May 12, 2017 8:47 am

And I 100% agree with removing Glueocytes ;)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but it tries hard!

Return to “Discussion of Challenges”