Avoidance 2: something cool (not a solution)

Here we remember old challenge discussions that got purged in the great forum cleanup of 2018.
ruffo

Avoidance 2: something cool (not a solution)

Post by ruffo » Mon May 15, 2017 1:00 am

I'm so happy to have pulled this off, that I want to share :)
It is not a solution, though.
I decided I'd tackle Avoidance 2 the unconventional way. The challenge forbids the use of keratinocytes and photocytes in our organisms, so I thought I'd use viruses to snatch the blueprints of those cells from the "sentinel" organisms.
Eventually I was successful in incorporating both keratinocytes and photocytes into my organism, which is great. The downside is that the altered organism doesn't count anymore towards the solution, so I haven't solved Avoidance 2 yet :D

Here's the video (several short attempts before I "hit" the organism the right way):

The genome:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5f60wdofwghva ... enome?dl=0

Explanation:
In short, the snitch works via 2 viruses. The first one alters nitrocyte M7 in the sentinel organism, to a "reporter" virus. The reporter virus infects my own cells, passing along the cell types I want.
Specifically, the first virus (either M1 or M2) copies my M10 into the victim's M7 (which was a nitrocyte).
Since M10 splits to M11 and M3, it also copies my M11 into its M8 (and my M3 to its M20, which is not important now).
Now, mode M10 is a stemocyte that differentiates to M8. So when the victim's photocyte splits to nitrocyte, it actually produces stemocyte M7, differentiating into virocyte M8.
The M8 virocyte will infect my organism's cell. It will copy:
- M5 to M5 (so I now have a photocyte)
- M5 splits to M7, so it copies its M7 (which is now my stemocyte M10) into my M7.
- M7 splits to M3, so I also grab the victim's keratinocyte into my organism's M3.

Now here's the cool trick: stemocyte M7 differentiates to M8. So...
- In the infected victim cell, I copied the virocyte in M8, so M7 becomes virocyte M8.
- But when the victim infects my cell back, it doesn't copy M8. So the stemocyte differentiates into "my" M8 which is a nitrocyte, splitting into M3 and M5... A keratinocyte and a photocyte. And that's all I need for a successful organism in this challenge... except that the cells don't count :p

I'm happy right now even if I didn't solve the challenge yet :lol:
bwisialo

Re: Avoidance 2: something cool (not a solution)

Post by bwisialo » Mon May 15, 2017 1:40 am

Nice steal! :) I did this with Keep the Balance to get an organism that would survive indefinitely, but I likewise found that the infected cells did not count as my cells.
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon May 15, 2017 6:43 am

Nice nolution ;-) Glad you're having fun with it!
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
ruffo

Post by ruffo » Mon May 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Alast wrote:Nice nolution ;-) Glad you're having fun with it!
I'm going to solve this challenge... someday! :D Well done, so far it's unbreakable by unconventional means, I'll really have to play by your rules this time :lol:
Reaper Elite
Location: In the Underworld eating bacon and watching anime with Marilyn Monroe

Post by Reaper Elite » Mon May 15, 2017 3:47 pm

If that fails i got a genome you could use (I beat all challenges too)
"A mercenary can always find a war to fight if they look hard enough"
"You become a changed person when you face me and deny me your soul."
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon May 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Wow, that's a very comolex infection. Can you send me a link via PM?
amor fati
ruffo

Post by ruffo » Mon May 15, 2017 5:31 pm

bwisialo wrote:Wow, that's a very comolex infection. Can you send me a link via PM?
Sure! Actually It's in my first post too, because it doesn't solve the challenge :lol: Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5f60wdofwghva ... enome?dl=0
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon May 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Oops, I missed that.

I haven't downloaded yet but I did find something strange while experimenting. An M1 Virocyte splitting M1, M1 and infecting M1 to M1 yields a cross-infection similar to the beginning of the video, which is seems very peculiar at first glance.

Just from that, my question is: is it possible to get the first cell coming out of the module stuck to a Glueocyte from the users genome (unifected), get the Glueocytes to produce a bunch of user's, and prevent the module from producing a bunch of initial cells? The answer too the first part is "yes" and you can produce some of your own cells, but I don't know if it's possible to get further than that and also stop the module's cell explosion.
amor fati
ruffo

Post by ruffo » Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 pm

bwisialo wrote:Just from that, my question is: is it possible to get the first cell coming out of the module stuck to a Glueocyte from the users genome (unifected), get the Glueocytes to produce a bunch of user's, and prevent the module from producing a bunch of initial cells? The answer too the first part is "yes" and you can produce some of your own cells, but I don't know if it's possible to get further than that and also stop the module's cell explosion.
I had tried this, and in my experience the "sentinel" eventually lets hell loose, ruining the goal. You have to keep the sentinel sleeping for 200 hours, and that's too long a time.

There is one "kick" move that you can do where the sentinel starts moving the opposite way, but it happens when the photocyte bursts. So you don't get any unconventional source of energy out of it. It might be worked on, though... I'm not sure.
ruffo

Post by ruffo » Mon May 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Reaper Elite wrote:If that fails i got a genome you could use (I beat all challenges too)
I appreciate the offer, but solving challenges is the fun of it :) Thanks though!