Avoidance 2: something cool (not a solution)

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
bwisialo

Re: Avoidance 2: something cool (not a solution)

Post by bwisialo » Wed May 17, 2017 2:20 am

Well, it's like Avoidance. Reach 200 cells and sustain 200 cells for 200h, and if you crash at any point it's over. I was just thinking that reaching 200 without crashing seems more than sufficient on its own.

You mentioned that the first infection is by either M1 or M2. I think it is always M2. M1 provides mass and is gone before it could infect the relevant cell. I think it's always the Photocyte hitting M2 that starts it.

Very impressive. I've never seen anything quite like this one. I still need to look at it further.
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed May 17, 2017 7:43 am

You guys are really going all out on this :) That's cool!

On the time requirement: this is basically legacy from Avoidance. The timer made sense there so I guessed it would here, too. Maybe it is a little overkill. On the other hand it's also one of the last challenges :)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but it tries hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 am

I've thought for a while now that if the end order was based on difficulty, Avoidance II should be last. :lol:
amor fati
ruffo

Post by ruffo » Wed May 17, 2017 10:12 am

bwisialo wrote:You mentioned that the first infection is by either M1 or M2. I think it is always M2. M1 provides mass and is gone before it could infect the relevant cell. I think it's always the Photocyte hitting M2 that starts it.
Oh you're right. M1 gives food to the devorocyte and then splits. I had put it there out of "hey maybe it hits before splitting?" but it reasonably never will...
ruffo

Post by ruffo » Sat May 20, 2017 1:06 pm

bwisialo wrote:The cell count objective on its own already makes the challenge extremely difficult. Extremely difficult is fine but this seems a little excessive.
I see your point now. I have a decent solution but it took like 20 tries because one avoider would hit the sentinels by accident before the 200h mark :lol: