19: Sterilization V.74

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
TamaHisoka

19: Sterilization V.74

Post by TamaHisoka » Tue May 23, 2017 12:07 am

Okay I have been working on this one for a while now and I am getting rather frustrated with it I can manage to nearly kill all the red swimmers with my Buoyocyte, Photocyte, and Keratinocyte that creates one type of Devorocyte that creates itself and a second type of Devorocyte that starts the process over again. However I never can kill all of the red swimmers and EVERYWHERE I look either here or for videos refuses to give me any information past what I already know and on what to do. I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me some clear answers and extra hints as to help me on this challenge.
Silver Lotus
Nayus

Re: 19: Sterilization V.74

Post by Nayus » Tue May 23, 2017 12:31 am

Hmm, if I understood correctly, you're using just one Buoyocyte-Keratinocyte-Photocyte set? Either that or you're using the Red Swimmer Nutrients to produce more sets, which is also not very effective. There's tons of light avaliable.

If that's the case then the Devorocyte production will be too low for what you want. You have to create some from of Limited run of those Devorocyte Producers but with light, the catch is that it needs to be limited because you have to clean the plate afterwards. But you know that.

So this is my hint: Remember that cells that don't spilt live for 240 in game hours, then die.

If that doesn't help, I've got one more hint
TamaHisoka

Post by TamaHisoka » Tue May 23, 2017 12:59 am

I know that and I have been trying a few methods to try and use that to my advantage but as of yet not much luck. Thank you for the quick reply and bit of help. Let's hope I can solve this soon before I go insane.
Silver Lotus
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Tue May 23, 2017 1:05 am

Another easy way to do it is by suffocating it. You have the upperhand in this situation, you can make more swimmers then the enemy. Then you need to use Nayus' hint to complete it. I can tell you the solution without the genome, but why dont you try it first?
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
TamaHisoka

Post by TamaHisoka » Tue May 23, 2017 1:29 am

I will keep trying and see what happens if I can't solve it by tomorrow afternoon, or if I get to angry that I can't solve it sooner, I will post here for more help. Thank you both for your help though I managed to make more progress already with them I managed to eliminate the red swimmers though still failed to kill off my own strain of cells I have more idea now on what to do.
Silver Lotus
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue May 23, 2017 3:59 am

A good way to get your cells to die is to produce a few Buouyocytes at the beginning and then don't produce any more. The Buoyocytes will die in 240h and all your cells will fall to the bottom. Can you use only 2 or 4 Buoyocytes total with what you have? If you give a fixed limit to the production of Buoycoytes and Keratinocytes, you can have your cells focus exclusively on the production of your Devorocytes.
amor fati
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 am

What I do is to make a 3 cell connect together (photo,buoyo,keratino)and shoot devourocyte. The devourocyte is actually their egg with high split mass. No swimmer mean no food for egg and they'll die. Try making this organism shot devourocyte left and right and also the devourocytes nutrient should be enough for them to reach at the bottom of the plate but not enough to suddenly split into the organism.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
ruffo

Post by ruffo » Tue May 23, 2017 2:02 pm

bwisialo wrote:A good way to get your cells to die is to produce a few Buouyocytes at the beginning and then don't produce any more. The Buoyocytes will die in 240h and all your cells will fall to the bottom. Can you use only 2 or 4 Buoyocytes total with what you have? If you give a fixed limit to the production of Buoycoytes and Keratinocytes, you can have your cells focus exclusively on the production of your Devorocytes.
That's what I did too. I spent some modes to get a good amount of photocyte seeds at the beginning, that mature into buoyocyte/keratinocyte/photocyte organisms. These just keep birthing devorocyte swimmers until they sink. As usual for my solutions, 10% of the times it works every time :lol:

(PS I had to keep the photocyte seeds afloat until they matured).
TamaHisoka

Post by TamaHisoka » Thu May 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Okay so I have been working on this the past couple days and managed to get so very close with a combination of a new version of my original organism and making it become swimmers that then become more of those that then spread Devorocytes but Every time I get maybe five red left my timing is off or something because I fail to get them and they then multiply and I end up with my organisms dying off before getting them..I have another idea but my brain is a bit blocked when trying to think today after trying so often to complete this.
Silver Lotus
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Thu May 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Well you could try the uninteded solution. It uses swimmers instead of carpet bombing the enemy with devorocytes. I did mine with a quick genome and it works everytime
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry: