64: Nanobot

Here we remember old challenge discussions that got purged in the great forum cleanup of 2018.
H4yw1r3

Re: 64: Nanobot

Post by H4yw1r3 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:51 am

Oh my God! Huge thanks, Alast, for mentioning Snap Values. I solved it with my Cilio-Buo Hybrid. Really satisfied to solve it with my own genome. :D
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:40 am

Congratulations!!!

I know how that feels :)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:39 pm

I'm still working in my cell because it infects photocytes nearby.. ;(
start small DREAM BIG
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:44 pm

That means you need more precision. I've been struggling with that aspect, too.
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 pm

My solution adjusts itself to avoid infecting nearby healthy cells. It's so satisfying to watch it wiggle around the substrate.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:10 am

H4yw1r3 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 pm
My solution adjusts itself to avoid infecting nearby healthy cells. It's so satisfying to watch it wiggle around the substrate.
I wonder how your cell moves above the skin cells XD
start small DREAM BIG
SlowMind

Post by SlowMind » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:34 pm

I think I need a help now, maybe someone can optimize my cell, because it still infects nearby cells, I used myocyte but it didn't work so I switched to buoyocyte but still it does the same result. if someone can help me just send a private message and I will give the link of my cell...
start small DREAM BIG
BenJV4

Post by BenJV4 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi there!

I don't understand what's the point with that level.

I'm unable to make any organism with more than 4 splits.

After the 4th split, cells does not split anymore, like if there is not enough Nitrate on the substrate. But there is no Nitrocyte on this level.

So built a nanobot with only 4 splits?

My organism is generating/absorbing energy from the substrate since I see my core lipocyte filling to the max but should have splitted again..

Is this happen for you as well and is this intended for the challenge?
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi Ben,

yes, that is intended. You'll need to create an organism that is able to move across the substrate without flooding it with sheer cell growth. 4 splits can mean up to 16 cells, right? The challenge is to make something work with that limitation.
BenJV4

Post by BenJV4 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi Alast!

Thank you for the answer, that was what I expected, and make me a bit frustrated...
Ok I understand this is intended but I think it is a shame.

I wanted to make a quite evolved Nanobot, not flooding the plate...

4 split mean 16 cells but only if you use every cells in the final form of the organism. The first form I was targeting would have 2 legs, myocytes driven by sterocytes, and a core made with trio lipo/phago/photo to produce energy from the substrate.

I know I'm new in the forum but I've played this game for a while now before the update. I did some experiment as well with custom substrate, big worm, self regenerating smartswimmer, a bit of irradiation experiences etc...but finally it bored me.

Now I came back playing because of the Update levels and cells types, very happy of the update, the increased amount of types is very good! But I can say that I face the same "issue" than before that make me a bit bored, it is in overall to laborious to find a solution for the challenges since you constantly need to finetune split mass, flow rate etc... and that is the point that is boring after a while, even if I finally find the solution.

Ok this is part of the game but I feel that in most case, the restriction made force the player to adopt a "regular" approch and does not let place for enough imagination.
Or maybe there is just not enough level scales on the challenges.

Splitting some or all the challenges into several difficulties with progressive restriction would be great!

To came back to the subject, I would have liked if this challenges (64: Nanobot) had allowed more freedom in the instance since there is then almost only 1 solution for it to work now...and after I won it "easy" I would have raised the difficulties. We can apply this to many levels on which restrictions forces the player to adopt the solution the level designer expect.

This is even more frustrating now we have 40 modes to make very complex organism.

I don't complain (but maybe the frustration speaks), I love hard game and don't want to have CellLab become easy only. I really think it is an awesome game that really deserve it. That why I express myself in a such long 2nd message on this forum.

Keep the good work.