Sterilization

Some challenges are hard :). Here we can discuss their solutions. Please find the thread for the appropriate challenge or create it if it doesn't exist.
Nayus

Sterilization

Post by Nayus » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Sterilization

Difficulty: Superhuman AI

Progress: Optional Challenge

Description: You need to kill all cells on this substrate but lost your bottle of sterilizer, you have to think of something else

Win Conditions: A plate with no cells
Bmeupsctty

Re: Sterilization

Post by Bmeupsctty » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Not sure how to do this one. Was trying to make a light monster at the top that will fall on the other guys. Problem is I can't get it to grow fast enough before it falls. I tried adding a bouyocyte to slow the fall, but I still have nothing. Anyone got ideas here?
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:36 am

Try making the chassis of your solution much smaller either by making the design simpler or divide the properties into smaller modules, individually floating by their own Buoyocyte/s.

Maybe the problem is that they're interconnected to each other. If one were heavier, it'll pull the others down. Try splicing it down to smaller bodies and have the Buoyocyte/s carry smaller packs of load.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
RealOfficialTurf

An idea laying around my head

Post by RealOfficialTurf » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:52 am

So, I'm thinking a solution about making a cell that grows and covers the entire top petri dish, suspended by Buoyocytes.
Here's the trick: The Buoyocytes dies of old age, and the "blanket" drops, possibly ending the swimmers' whole career. The photocytes are kept from aging using something that involves... setting split ratio to extremely small.
Still hasn't implemented it, what do you think?
countingtls

Post by countingtls » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Maybe a ring of death, where they just form a connected circle and only divided at the top of dish, make sure the connection is very stronger so no swimmers can run through, and then simply grow the circle and push outward so swimmers eventually run out of living space?
Bmeupsctty

Re: An idea laying around my head

Post by Bmeupsctty » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:28 pm

RealOfficialTurf wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:52 am
So, I'm thinking a solution about making a cell that grows and covers the entire top petri dish, suspended by Buoyocytes.
Here's the trick: The Buoyocytes dies of old age, and the "blanket" drops, possibly ending the swimmers' whole career. The photocytes are kept from aging using something that involves... setting split ratio to extremely small.
Still hasn't implemented it, what do you think?
That was my first thought, but I could never get them to split fast enough to blanket all the swimmers before it falls

Edit: missed the bouyocytes
Last edited by Bmeupsctty on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bmeupsctty

Post by Bmeupsctty » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 pm

countingtls wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:49 pm
Maybe a ring of death, where they just form a connected circle and only divided at the top of dish, make sure the connection is very stronger so no swimmers can run through, and then simply grow the circle and push outward so swimmers eventually run out of living space?
Somehow missed this one. Gotta keep in mind that it has to die when it's done the deed
countingtls

Post by countingtls » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:59 pm

Bmeupsctty wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 pm
countingtls wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:49 pm
Somehow missed this one. Gotta keep in mind that it has to die when it's done the deed
Keratinocyte die very slowly, but they will die eventually. Just need to make sure the ring expand to the whole dish before the Buoyocyte cells to hang them die due to old age.