Zooming Glitch (Infestation Challenge in Experimental Plate)

Here we report bugs in the beta.
H4yw1r3

Zooming Glitch (Infestation Challenge in Experimental Plate)

Post by H4yw1r3 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:06 pm

I opened my basic swimmer genome and decided to put it in the Infestation substrate in Experimental mode (sterilized). After zooming in at about 230x and putting it in Incubate mode, the swimmer seems to disappear from frame-to-frame, like you're just observing an empty susbtrate.

Does this happens to anybody else..?
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Noughtypixy

Re: Zooming Glitch (Infestation Challenge in Experimental Plate)

Post by Noughtypixy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Bit confused, there are no nutrients on infestation are you using photocyte swimmers? Basic ones starve quite quickly.
beware the pixys
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:24 pm

The basic swimmer doesn't reproduce and i turned on nutrient spawnings. Same thing still happens..
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Noughtypixy

Post by Noughtypixy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Hmmmm can't replicate exactly but when I open it in experimental and turn nutrient rate right up none seem to appear.
beware the pixys
wapcaplet

Post by wapcaplet » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:47 pm

H4yw1r3 wrote:I opened my basic swimmer genome and decided to put it in the Infestation substrate in Experimental mode (sterilized).
The "Infestation" substrate has no nutrients, so a phagocyte swimmer cannot survive there unless you add some, and we don't know how much you added, or what your swimmer's genome is.

Could you share a dropbox link to your substrate, with your swimmers on it? That would definitely help trying to reproduce the zooming issue you describe.
Last edited by wapcaplet on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noughtypixy

Post by Noughtypixy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:54 pm

wapcaplet wrote:The "Infestation" substrate has no nutrients, so a phagocyte swimmer cannot survive there unless you add some, and we don't know how much you added, or what your swimmer's genome is.

Could you share a dropbox link to your substrate, with your swimmers on it? That would definitely help trying to reproduce the zooming issue you describe.
I just tried opening infestation in experimental and maxed nutrient rate and none appear.
Wait I stand corrected 1 nutrient piece appeared. (Top middle just above the 4 linked keritonites)
beware the pixys