Nutrient Sharing Between Cells

Here we report bugs in the beta.
C4pung

Nutrient Sharing Between Cells

Post by C4pung » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 am

When testing with a couple of my experiments involving with photocyte arrays, i found something pretty weird that i havent found before (older versions).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ivtn59kseii1 ... trate?dl=0

The sun-lit substrate contains 6 identical photocyte that will split into an array of 4x16 cells. The weird part is that the nutrient sharing of the cells seems somewhat random, but replicable (if you reload the plate, the same thing will happen).

The 4th cell from the top develop differently, as a few of the cells split much later from the others. All of the cells are identical and the substrate light range is max. Why did this happen?

Also, with even more complex (?) Arrays that involve multiple modes (not just identical child modes, as in M1 make M2 and M3, so on) but with the same intended size of 4x16, this problem arise more, with a few cells split way longer than others causing the structure to fail and break a few adhesins. I will try to replicate that, but is it intended for the photocyte to split this way?
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
C4pung

Re: Nutrient Sharing Between Cells

Post by C4pung » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:00 am

Okay i have replicated the "more complex" one, same 4x16 array of photocytes, but with more criss-crossing photocytes. Keep in mind that they are all identical default photocytes, i only changed their child modes and some their split angle to 90°

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxu3umwosvpqt ... trate?dl=0

You can see 3 of the cells develop strangely and even pop a cell. And they also seem random, but it stays that way (reloading yields the same result). I think its random based on placement of the cell in the plate. Any ideas?
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Aryan

Post by Aryan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Yes, I also noticed this I think this happens when the sunlight amount is low and cell are more. It seems like at low amounts sunlight is distributed unevenly and this becomes visible when cells are more and more generations pass. And when I tried an even bigger array the disorder was even more and it didn't seemed any thing like a rectangle. This is bad because we use photocytes because they are stable but this very unstable.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:22 pm

But is it intended though? Also the skin tissue Alast develop in Nanobot challenge seems pretty stable and symmetrical, i wonder how he made it that way :geek:.

But from the genome, seems pretty much the same way as we do (mode after mode, making a long chain, then join them to make an array). So i was still confused with this uneven nutrient sharing :oops:
Aryan

Post by Aryan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:43 am

I tried it with Alast's skin tissue and it also happens with that at low sunlight and Alast must have made that in high sunlight that's why it is even. Try with M5 of Alast's skin tissue as initial cell at low sunlight and it happens.