45 avoidance

Here we remember old challenge discussions that got purged in the great forum cleanup of 2018.
lovelove

45 avoidance

Post by lovelove » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:59 pm

I'm getting bored at tjis, is the only challenge I need to complete them all but... It just can't be solved, tell me why 100h? Why!!!!!??? None of my tries work, I made a simple swimmer that gets 600 cells but it obviusly touches the center after 20h or before, no matter my tweaks due to randomness of food, when I made an actual avoider, the thing didn't really avoid, it couldn't be done :( why did you have to make this that hard?
When I made a camo swimmer all green, the senseocyte still developed the bloody shit explosion, anything had a meaning here, I can handle luck for 50h well with my better tweaks, but there's no design I can imagine to solve this, I don't care about spoilers just please, set the light of hope in my dusty brain
lovelove

Re: 45 avoidance

Post by lovelove » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:38 pm

I know the forum is slow as heck but please answer soon
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:29 pm

You've made species that will go after food and prey. Use the same sorts of strategies but program it to do the opposite of going after the center cells: turn away instead of turn toward, etc. And move slowly.

If you make an avoider correctly, it will actually avoid. Not sure what probems you may have run into.

Anothrr approach is to make Flagellocytes stop permanently near the center cells: instead of turning away, just stop.
amor fati
lovelove

Post by lovelove » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:49 pm

Mmh kay thanks but I already did that, but then it didn't get the required cell count :(
lovelove

Post by lovelove » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:55 pm

Also could u tell me why the senseocyte still feels* my cells even when they're totally green is it a bug? Cause it dkwsn't seem right
*I know cells don't have feelings, even less if they're simplified digitalized versions of it, but the thing is a senseocyte so ... It doesn'f matter the loint is tgat the thkng know when mt cells are close, wgen I think it shouldn't
lovelove

Post by lovelove » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:57 pm

Also are you telling to make a linear worm, a flathead or a diffrent design, I rsally have no clue
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm

The Senseocyte will detect any color. Your color doesn't matter and can't camouflage you.

I've seen one solution that is a symmetrical 2-Flagellocyte swimmer that turns away from the cells. I've seen another that's a straight swimmer that simply stops dead when it gets close to the center.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:59 pm

For cell count, conserve energy. Move slow,reproduce slowly, etc.
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:39 am

bwisialo's got it right. Just in addition: The Stemocyte of the center organism is right on the brink of changing into a Photocyte and the Senseocyte is set to sense any cell no matter of the color. So any organism getting too close will trigger the Stemocyte.

And as he also said correctly, it is possible to create an organism avoiding a stimulus. Because that's what I had in mind when creating this challenge ;-)

Basically take an organism that gets attracted by something and then change the Stereocyte's signal output to a negative value to make the organism get detracted by the same stimulus.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Actually, creating an avoider is more difficult in the current version than I thought. This seems in large part to be because the lowest positive value for "b" is now 20, whreas I think it was 8 or something in beta-testing genomes. With low viscosity, you have less controlled behavior in the current version.
amor fati