Keep the balance - Actually it is not.

Here we remember old challenge discussions that got purged in the great forum cleanup of 2018.
BasicallyIamEric

Keep the balance - Actually it is not.

Post by BasicallyIamEric » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:56 pm

I tried this in very strange way, making a net that catches the cells.

'The net' is consists of Gluocyte and Keratincyte, it sticks into any cells and grows.

But after a while, the 'catched' photocyte will die (because they can't grow big enough to reproduce themselves while they are stick to gluocyte)

And the ecosystem will broke down. (But it will last enough to make challenge cleared)
Alast

Re: Keep the balance - Actually it is not.

Post by Alast » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Thats a really cool looking solution you found there! Yes, it is really hard to create an organism that stays alive long enough while not tipping the balance of the other 2 in one direction or the other.

All my attempts tipped eventually, the best at some point after 10k h. So you just have to hold off long enough. And the way you did it is pretty interesting.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:21 am

That sounds basically like my solution, but mine is more like blobs than nets. ;) I think the longest it's lasted is 8,000h. Yours can probably last well past 2,000h on a good run.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:53 am

I figure there's probably a way to create a virus whose result will live indefinitely. Remember Save the Phagocyte ;) Similar approach but this would be more complicated.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Well, my first idea won't work because even though my cells are on the plate, they don't get counted, presumably because their an infected genome, not "mine."
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:27 am

The way the counters are set up does a good job of blocking several viral "exploits." ;)
amor fati
MikPluis

Post by MikPluis » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:36 pm

I used a net of glueocyte too, but it worked too well :? . I killed all the predators and it didn't let me lose :lol: , but then I lost because of cell limit and cell aging. :roll:
(o) s are amazing