42: Population bottleneck (beta challenge)

Here we remember old challenge discussions that got purged in the great forum cleanup of 2018.
Gwud

42: Population bottleneck (beta challenge)

Post by Gwud » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 pm

First of all, good morning! (Is morning when I'm writing this, sorry if isn't when you're reading) I'm having some trouble to pass the "Population bottleneck" from the beta game, I know that is a easy one, but I don't quite get how gamete works, do you have any help to me? Thank you!
You know that sensation when you spend a minute trying to put a specific amount of number in the programation cell and when you remove your finger from the screen the number change and you have to do all again? This sensation is the taste of my life
Noughtypixy

Re: 42: Population bottleneck (beta challenge)

Post by Noughtypixy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Gwud wrote:First of all, good morning! (Is morning when I'm writing this, sorry if isn't when you're reading) I'm having some trouble to pass the "Population bottleneck" from the beta game, I know that is a easy one, but I don't quite get how gamete works, do you have any help to me? Thank you!
when they touch a compatible gamete they change into the specified cell listed on the gamete with most energy, the resulting cell will have randomly selected modes from both gametes, for this challenge I advise copying the organism on the sub, making your modification to optimize it change color of any mode you alter then place your initial cell.
I actually created another mode as a Lipo m40 (low split mass, ratio far to the right limited to one adhesion connection) that makes adhesion and split m40 / m6 and lessend m6 nutrient priority so its always smaller than the one on the swimmers.
beware the pixys
Gwud

Post by Gwud » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Gwud wrote:First of all, good morning! (Is morning when I'm writing this, sorry if isn't when you're reading) I'm having some trouble to pass the "Population bottleneck" from the beta game, I know that is a easy one, but I don't quite get how gamete works, do you have any help to me? Thank you!
For anyone who need help like me, I was trying to make a good organism for the challenge and sudden the challange was complete, I don't feel a winner, but worked
You know that sensation when you spend a minute trying to put a specific amount of number in the programation cell and when you remove your finger from the screen the number change and you have to do all again? This sensation is the taste of my life
Heron@16

Post by Heron@16 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:13 am

Ok but please send the .genome file on dropbox