Stomach Swimmer

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Aryan

Re: Stomach Swimmer

Post by Aryan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:54 pm

H4yw1r3 wrote:It doesn't get the cells stuck in my case. it just grabs it, makes sure it's aligned and straight to the stomach after a few seconds.
Stuck means there is a delay in the cell getting to the stomach because the cillocytes don't push the cell when it is between them and gets stuck between them. It only gets inside when pushed by other cell or is small enough to get inside. And when it is stuck between the cillocytes food particles aren't able to get in. This decreases it's efficiency.
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:26 pm

Are you using slow sim? I keep getting different results from you.
------◄██░▒██►----
----◄♦Seandoggy♦►----
------◄▓▓▓█▓▓►----
Alast

Post by Alast » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:24 am

Love it, Nayus :) Glad to have you back, and with such an amazing creation!

I've made a little change and made the Stereocytes go for Coated Food. I see why you didn't do that ;) But I think the overall performance is much better actually.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Alast

Post by Alast » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Ok, we both knew this was going to happen. I've created my own version of a Stomach Digester ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0chio4iyixp7 ... trate?dl=0

Mine doesn't address the threats of ripping at wall contact or running into another swimmer like yours does, though.
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Glad you like it and to be back. :)
Your version is very nice looking and very symmetrical, something I couldn't manage :lol:

I don't know how to make an organism avoid another ones of itself without having the Stereocyte on the job be a very different color. Mine has the problem of being on one side, so if two individuals at facing the other way, the signal is not strong enough and they will still run into each other. Rare but it can happen.

I guess that will be a problem we will be facing more and more now that we can make bigger and bigger organisms
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Really cool organisms! Looks very nice when it eats the cells, kind of like when a snake struggles to eat something bigger than itself. Seems to be a little issue that even when the ciliocyte is not moving on one side, stuff get stuck in it. Perhaps the ciliocyte should have been one sided. Or the cilia have variable size. Food for thought.
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Maybe the cilia having size can be a stone that hits the two birds, is "size 0" is no cilia. Just throwing it out there.
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:30 am

I like that! Could even be programmable ;-)
Alast

Post by Alast » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Ok, I couldn't leave it at my Stomach Swimmer not sensing other swimmers or the wall to avoid collisions. So I've tinkered some more with my design and now made it a Super Smart Stomach Swimmer!

It seeks food, doges others and avoids the substrate edge all at once :ugeek:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wg5dl4spbo764 ... trate?dl=0

Plus, I really like its looks!
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:02 pm

It does! Maybe it's time to make a showcase on the Yt channel :)

I think I have some idea to make it turn a little easier. These bulkier designs have a hard time doing that.