Living Landmines

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
naughtyticklez

Living Landmines

Post by naughtyticklez » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:03 am

Ever want to murder every single uppity cell that wanders into an area where it doesn't belong? No? Well too bad!

This genome is a living "landmine". It deploys when exposed to light and is triggered when any cell not pitch black gets too close. There are two variations.

One is short ranged. Its outer ring is made up of both devorocytes which fire devorocyte/keratinocyte projectiles and secrocytes which secrete cyanide to kill anything that gets too close. (Or can secrete food smell to lure in unsuspecting victims).

The other is long range. Its outer ring is made up of lipocytes which fire cyanide tipped swimmers killing all cells in a significant radius. It takes a second to get up and shooting but fires fast once it does.
(I tried to make a version with both the long and short ranged projectiles combined but could not for the life of me get it working. Either only one cell type would ever fire or both firing at once would rip the organism apart.)

The outer ring is protected by an inner ring of keratinocytes. This combined with another inner ring of photocytes providing energy ensure the mine will keep killing for a long time.

Overall, nothing too fancy but fun to play with if you like creating "warzone" style environments. Lots of possible variations that can expand upon the initial design. Here is the substrate:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hm8lug1wnlxka ... trate?dl=0

H4yw1r3

Re: Living Landmines

Post by H4yw1r3 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:06 am

I like the design of the landmines in its stable state. I'll make an omnidirectional swimmer out of it just for me to have fun with it.. :lol:

EDIT:
The Russian community might like this creation of yours. ;)
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
EliteMacro_37

Post by EliteMacro_37 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 am

Damn it! That thing was similar but looks like a more advanced version of my Bozon (Bomb Zone) (the turret thing I was taking about in the other forum), Seems like the time has come for this file to be declassified, and I'll share it now,
(Bozon Vs Frontier (A lv2 version of Tarux Battleship))
Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/syrgby20fqifz ... trate?dl=0 ,
2 secret weapon from 7 has been declassified, great killer weapon anyway.
The most annoying user 2018, feel free to ignore
naughtyticklez

Post by naughtyticklez » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:17 am

EliteMacro_37 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 am
Damn it! That thing was similar but looks like a more advanced version of my Bozon (Bomb Zone) (the turret thing I was taking about in the other forum), Seems like the time has come for this file to be declassified, and I'll share it now,
Link:
I really like the cluster bomb type thing your version has going on with it's projectiles. Also the occasional wall of photocytes which explodes is cool. Problem with yours is they kill themselves. If we take the best of both of our genomes that could be seriously lethal.
naughtyticklez

Post by naughtyticklez » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:23 am

H4yw1r3 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:06 am
I like the design of the landmines in its stable state. I'll make an omnidirectional swimmer out of it just for me to have fun with it.. :lol:

EDIT:
The Russian community might like this creation of yours. ;)
Glad you like it! Yeah there's a lot that can be done with the base design, I've already been thinking of doing something like that myself. Although just know that it takes a second after deployment to kind of settle into that perfectly symmetrical shape so you'll want to account for that in anything you make. :D
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Plus, I'll have to turn it into a heterotroph to truly become a Macrophage.
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
K-man

Post by K-man » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Reminds me of the organism in "Extermination".
"Place the devourocytes here..."
-Cellbert Einstein
EliteMacro_37

Post by EliteMacro_37 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:33 pm

naughtyticklez wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:17 am
EliteMacro_37 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:18 am
Link:
I really like the cluster bomb type thing your version has going on with it's projectiles. Also the occasional wall of photocytes which explodes is cool. Problem with yours is they kill themselves. If we take the best of both of our genomes that could be seriously lethal.
Yeah, your right, The Bozon special abilities is to create a wall of secrocytes mine around it, however if a Bozon placed to close to another Bozon or it's anti air missile detonates too near, it is in risk of self destruct, but if you're talking about the Frontier Self Destruct problem, sometimes as the Frontier Battleship shoots the sticky bomb to the target, the secrocytes stayed for too long causing the ship to taste their own weapon when it go straight to the secrocytes mines, probably setting the salinity to 0.050-0.500 is the best idea to reduce the lifetime of the secrocytes as a mine to reduce the chances of self destruct and "op-ness" of secrocytes long-life making them as a cyanide mines
121daredevil

Post by 121daredevil » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 am

I was sensing some phone id here.
I saw that you screenshot it at a Samsung A8/A8+

But that's not important now, Your organism is the best. Like K-Man it does look like extermination organism.
For every failure has made. Try and try again and Success will be achieved
EliteMacro_37

Post by EliteMacro_37 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:07 am

121daredevil wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:11 am
I was sensing some phone id here.
I saw that you screenshot it at a Samsung A8/A8+

But that's not important now, Your organism is the best. Like K-Man it does look like extermination organism.
Sir... You just guessed 2 A8 phone user here!
(Mine is A8 too)