T-square fractal

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Alast

Re: T-square fractal

Post by Alast » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:59 am

Man, I can't keep up ;) I was trying to create my own canvas but all patterns I've been able to draw on it so far were rather meh. I'll keep trying. But my pride dictates that I find my own way rather than using your genomes ;) Rather stupid, but I kind of want the satisfaction of having made it myself... until I give up and use your foundation work after all ;)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:53 am

You HAVE to try the generator. ;) The fractals are awesome -- 200-ish!!! -- and there's no end to the other things you can create. Anyway, using the genome doesn't prohibit you from also doing something different. Come on, if you don't check it out, I've shared it with no one. :(
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:49 pm

Have to admit, you've got a valid point there. I will definitely check out your genomes :) Just not quite feeling ready for it yet.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Can you use your square within a square genome to create different sorts of patterns? I would think you could. Because when create a genome for one pattern, you've really created a pattern generator. For example, if for some cell you swap child 1 and 2, flip child angles 180, etc.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:26 pm

I'm able to produce fractals with the diagonal transformation 7, but I haven't figured out how to produce the fractal I want using the numbering scheme. But that should be all 232 fractals :D ... unless each quadrant needs a separate genome to perform that transformation.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:39 pm

I had to post at least one new to show what it looks like in Cell Lab form.

amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:34 am

As a matter of fact I can use the triangle genome. Tried it out a little last night. Will post some pics later. That structure is way more fragile though leaving far less settings to make changes. So far I have only gotten 1 result that resembles what you are doing. I guess with more modes (currently using 3) i can do more ;-)
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:12 am

Yeah, the solid block is more stable. More modes is definitely a good way to go, giving you a variety of options for swapping different modes in and out when slecting child modes for any cell.
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:32 pm

I cracked the code!

But let me start at the start. Inspired by your fractal generator I applied a few of its pricniples and first got thise beautifully organic looking triangle:

From there It was only a few steps to a square

And then of course vartiantions were in order

But those look rather a bit chaotic. It's hard to make out a pattern (unless of course when forcing it by having it grow 4 times simultaneously like in the squares above). So I wasn't quite where I wanted to be although those first results looked promising.

And then on my way home I finally found it. The T Square:

Plus I found a variation that I call the V Square:

bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Those are awesome!
amor fati