Old Veteran is coming back

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
TheDoctor

Old Veteran is coming back

Post by TheDoctor » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi most of you probably have no idea who i am. However i was here while this whole game had less then 5000 downloads. I cant beleive how much game changed and how much comunity grew. I am not sure should i post this here, but i have an amazing organism to share to celebrate my comback. Problem is i am tehnical noob and have no idea how to do it. I would appreciate help. Also need somebody to help me pass those silly neurocytes challenges. :D
bwisialo

Re: Old Veteran is coming back

Post by bwisialo » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Yeah, this is more of "General Discussion" post. :P Welcome back.

Almost everyone here uses Dropbox.com. You can get a Dropbox account of 2GB online storage for free -- using your phone or computer. When you upload a file to Dropbox, you'll see an option to share a link to the file. You'll need the Dropbox app on your phone. In the Gene Bank, press the genome, then Share, and you'll see the Dropbox option. After the file is uploaded, you can copy the link on your phone or computer. Paste the url in your post. You can do something similar with google drive.

I've made basic walkthroughs for Balloons, Friction, and Scarce Conditions in the first link. And I've posted videos of some solutions to silly challenges in the second. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... tAJOQ2kIFj

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nBa06qdPXa
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Yes, welcome back :) Just post your genome/substrate here and the whole thread is in the right spot :D

And I agree, Dropbox currently seems the best solution for sharing genomes and substrates. It's actually very easy to use.

Questions to the challenges fit best in the challenges forum (duh) ;)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:25 am

I did basic challenges, other challenges however are omg super hard. Thanks for info. I will try using that Dropbox app then go back here and post it again. :)
Alast

Post by Alast » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Yep, those Very Difficult challenges are not for casual gamers ;) They really make you work for your success.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!