Genres worms - "sexual reproduction"

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
CandyYAHFT

Genres worms - "sexual reproduction"

Post by CandyYAHFT » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:43 pm

I spend a day more than spected tweaking this thing, is a worm with 2 "genres" the blue one impregnates the green, as the green is pregnant will have a front lipocyte growing, I was thinking on putting the releaser in the middle as the original genome, but the front seemed more convenient and it was, then the lipocyte will reach 2.4 or around that number, the lipocyte will release 2 lipocyte, one releases another green "female" swimmer, the other a blue male
After lots of not very efficient tweaking I finally developed a quite sustainable substrate in which you could see the reproductive process this species has, and the fail of the female being an sterile worm after the releasing I couldn't solve, and how there is way too many males that don't allow a efficient reproduction, however I tough it was anyway good enough to be showed and I hope you like it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfqwdks3ku1th ... trate?dl=0
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
AncientSpaceman

Re: Genres worms - "sexual reproduction"

Post by AncientSpaceman » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Cool idea, but it is kind of creepy how when the female releases the male and female offspring, the male offspring immediately impregnates the female offspring ಠ_ಠ...

It would be awesome if two parents both passed on some of their genes to an offspring through viruses...
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Very cool. If you start with M8, you can see that reproduction is automatic at birth, with both sexes next to each other. Could you make it so that reprodroction isn't immediate but instead requires an encounter later?
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:29 pm

And can you make so the species doesn't simply die with time? ;)
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:48 pm

Actually, I think it would be possible to do some interesting things with reproduction through viruses.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:53 pm

Yep, I was trying to make the reproduction in posterior time, but the thing was a male being a 4 linear worm with myocyte and stereocyte as the midle cells, but then the female was a 6 cells linear worm, I was thinking that a rounder or even propabbly triangular offspring would seem better, but then the problem is luck, which is why I wanted to make it use virocytes, is just, mmmmh Bwisialo you know that thing give me trouble :(
Also if there are different genomes how will be able to say that what is happening is conjugated reproduction in a same species and not just a parasite releasing is infected offspring, the thing would get too much complicated for me, but what I want to do is to make them bigger and more complex make them more real , that the initial releasing is complicated, but then they become unbeatable titans of their land

I'm gonna try to do this by using the 20 modes probabbly, cause what I wanna do is that the offspring is fully developed at is third division, whit 4 initial lipocytes that would turn into 4 parts of an organism which is gonna eventually release the four lipocytes plenty of mass, that now start reproducing by itself, to make it even more interesting I'm going to try adding sexual reproduction to this, but haven't thing how, by now my idea is in development and it is this

As a real multicellular organism, you can't just put a cell of it in the envirorment expecting for it to reproduce (maybe there is one that does this but that's not the point)
So in case the thing reproduces by itself...
There it will be an Incubator made of photocytes and gleucocytes to join the four initial lipocytes, don't know if this is posibble but if not I'll just try other way
When the lipocytes are together and have enough mass to generate the organism half developed, I'll lower the light of the substrate for the incubator to die and let the organism continue by itself (the initial incubator won't be part of the genome)
The is sure gonna use lots of lipocytes, because is going to work in very low nutrient envirorments, so then it has advantage over regular swimmers and even adapted versions like the one in predator, or most solutions for scarce conditions (I hope :lol: )
The should be moved by flagellocytes in a similar way they do with the prey of predator challenge, but optimized for a bigger organism
When the thing gets enough mass (for this to happen I guess I gonna have to set very little viscosity and high salinity) it grows more lipocytes, at this I have to clarify everything has a medium-high nutrient priority, then it grows the 4 lipocytes in the front, I'll find what shape fits better for it, which are going to have a higher nutrient priority, I think I'll stop writing till I actually make something :oops:
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:46 am

Can't you keep it pretty simple? For example, make the male swimmer red and have it spit out blue Phagocytes that don't split.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:14 am

Great Idea goodness Bwisialo you definitely are a genius, I was thinking also in something different, the thing is round ball of lipocytes, phagocytes, stereocytes, flagellocytes and neurocytes, but I think I'll have to wait to do that when I have a faster cellphone and 25 modes, I actually made my math things in paper to test if it was theorically posibble, and it is, all I'd need 3 modes more :?
I'm going to put the lipocyte in the front of the female to solve the reproduction problem, and give it a diamond shape so it only will be impregnated by one side, after a few tweaks it'll late in reproduce without adding more modes to the genome
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:06 am

The thing has been optimized, not in survival terms, but now it definitely seems more natural, now the requirements of the female are higher, (obviusly contradictory to what we are really heading to :twisted: ), now to reproduce, a enough massive blue phagocyte must touch the senseocyte, the female is now a little inclinated as a survival improvement since now is gonna have to swim more time till it gets pregnant, what seems wrong is that if the blue phagocyte is big enough it doesn't really need to touch, just being very close is enough.

I tested the substrate so now you'll see the impregnation between 102h-104h
I actually tested it so you're very confortable the substrate starts at 96h

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgc0h97i2f73a ... trate?dl=0
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:21 pm

Nice! I lowered the nutrients so that it sustains a population of 500-600, instead of maxing out the plate. Tons of females and a small number of males.
amor fati