Genres worms - "sexual reproduction"

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
CandyYAHFT

Re: Genres worms - "sexual reproduction"

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:27 pm

Great!!
Now that I think I'm onto something I'm gonna try to make it better.

Maybe now I'm gonna work on the reproduction through virocytes, which now that I think a little it is quite easy to make, so I'm going to work on that.

Also something that might seem weird, instead of using the stemocyte that turns into a lipocyte, I'm gonna make it a Lipocyte from the beggining, but in an envirorment with no nitrates, so when a nitrocyte that will be throwed by the male touches the lipocyte it will then be able to reproduce, the problem is that probabbly the thing would need to be smaller for 1 nitrocyte to let the process finish without a second touch of the nitrocyte, so I'm gonna make either smaller offsprings or find another solution
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:31 pm

I think you'd also have to use a Gluecyte to get the nitrates into the Lipocyte -- contact with the Nitrocyte won't do it.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:38 pm

Wait what?
I thought the nitrocyte worked for 5 generations

I'm gonna design the genome first and see what worked, I was thinking on using gleucocytes before, but they seemed unconvenient, for obvius reasons, but maybe a male being a keratynocyte swimmer would work, I guess I'm gonna try
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:45 pm

CandyYAHFT wrote:so when a nitrocyte that will be throwed by the male touches the lipocyte it will then be able to reproduce
If a Lipocyte is just sitting there and cannot split because it has no nitrates, bumping a Nitrocyte into the Lipocyte will not get any nitrates into the Lipo and the Lipo will not split. You need a Glueocyte in order to get the nitrates into the Lipocyte.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:04 pm

Tested so now tell me... Why Petter would do such thing, before it worked?
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:08 pm

He didn't change anything. Things work the same as before.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:30 pm

How did the nitro-swimmers worked? They don't use gleucocyte or are attached to a nitrocyte
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:53 pm

A Nitrocyte will gives nitrates to its child cells. As you suggested, after the Phagocyte child produces a few Nitrocytes, it will run out of nitrates and stop splitting. But the Phagocyte has already produced enough Nitrocytes seed cells to keep the species going.

That said, Alast developed a brilliant way to have the Phagocyte swimmer-head continue producing seed cells, but it's not your standard Nitro-swimmer. ;)
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:16 pm

He has a post about it, I want to get some inspiration :twisted: hahaha
Seriously I'd love to see the thing
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:45 pm

He may have sent it to you in response to a high cell count Nitro-swimmer challenge you posted. If you don't look closely, it's easy to miss what it's doing.
amor fati