Genres worms - "sexual reproduction"

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
CandyYAHFT

Re: Genres worms - "sexual reproduction"

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:36 am

yeah thank God I still have the message since I restarted to fabric for the beta test
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:05 am

I checked and of course I still have that genome. It indeed has proven very effective :)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:10 pm

Btw, a genome you sended to me, "max out swimmer.genome" is the real deal, that think is imposibble to improve, however I've managed to make a swimmer that is better, but with evolution, and still needs testing, what now I want to know is what kinda species are better for low salinity envirorments, but your max out swimmer you send me in a private message gets a quite good balance of 200-400 cells, which is quite irregular, I found the less the salinity the wider the range, at highest salinity however, deppends on many factors, so the things aren't so clear
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:40 pm

Few things are impossible to improve ;) , unless the limiting conditions are very specific.

What is "better" depends on what the goal is, the specifics of a substrate, etc.. In what sense is your swimmer better?

I'm not entirely clear on the range of effects that Salinity has. What might do well at low Salinity would depend on other substrate settings: light or not, nutrients or not, etc. I'm not sure any type of cell is affected less than other cells by low salinity. Perhaps Lipocytes, and perhaps they help attached cells. But then again, for example, Lipos don't do better or help retain nitrates when there aren't any. Making Nutrient priority settings high across all cells in an organism may help them have more stability when Salinity is low. And I don't know if, for example, rapid vs slow reproduction / cell splits makes a difference. In sum, I don't know. ;)
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:42 am

Also you can't really compare this anymore as that swimmer was before the update. Obviously now we can do totally new things and the Lipocyte has become THE game changer when it comes to max cell count goals.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:18 am

@Alast - Do you mean that using Lipos in a Nitro-swimmer species could be a way of optimizing it?
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:25 am

Possibly in any swimmer. I just made one in a few minutes that maxed out at 1000 on a standard substrate using Liposeeds
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:31 am

Dumping them on the substrate to get a high cell count? Or using them to keep swimmers alive longer?
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:38 am

Neither. I do the same thing as for the Glowbug and make the swimmer care for its Liposeed by keeping it attached until it's ready to split into a new swimmer detaching from its parent with the split.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:02 am

That's awesome. I should go back and utilize them for a wider variety of things. Yeah, I shouldn't have said "make them live longer." What I really meant was if they had a function in the life cycle. Nice work.
amor fati