Genres worms - "sexual reproduction"

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
bwisialo

Re: Genres worms - "sexual reproduction"

Post by bwisialo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:10 am

What cell count do you get if you make the max, eg, 3000 and leave all the other settings at default? Just curious.
amor fati
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:17 am

The one i've quickly put together barely made it to 1k and not every time so i don't expect much more. I'd have to optimize the design to really make ot go farther.

For higher max counts just dumping Lipos is more effective though.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:50 am

That's cheating. ;) Seriously, though, if you (not you personally) use LIpos that way you've only made a species that gets a high cell count, not one that makes optimal use of energy in order to reproduce. So, yeah, I'm interested in cases where Lipos have a function in the life cycle.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:27 am

Using your model, I have a Nitro swimmer that can reach 950. I can tweak it to hit 1000, but there are Nitrocytes laying around.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:45 am

I meant that's better in the sense of being good at different conditions, and highest peaks in general, but over different conditions, for the default your wins, high salinity yours wins, but low salinity mine wins, and yet I'm testing more combinations, with also changing viscosity.

This, because I was thinking there it could be a challenge in which with only one genome you have to solve the objectives of 2 or more different substrate conditions, or even, if you think it sounds interesting, beating 2 different species, but one first then the other, with only one genome.
So I was thinking that first there it should be a genome good enough to nail it in 2 or more very different conditions, but the testings are very subjective, so I have to do more before reaching conclusions
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:49 am

But of course there's a hole you might already guessed, I can tell you via PM if you want, I won't post it here because it could be a big spoiler if this kind of challenge is ever done
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:26 am

If you acknowledge that each substrate has a different species that does better, I'm not sure what it means for one species to be better in general. There is no "general" substrate to use to test species against one another. The same would apply to a two substrate challenge: if you have substrates A and B, one species does better; but if you have substrates C and D, another species does better. Etc.

Yeah, send a PM explaining what you're refering to.
amor fati