Nasty environment - equilibrium

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
bwisialo

Nasty environment - equilibrium

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:14 am

On a lark, I put Alast's Devorocyte swimmer from Keep the Balance and put it in my one of my Squares substrates. The result is a pretty nasty equilibrium environment. Things move fast, so the Slow motion setting makes for good viewing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auvq43eotmkeb ... trate?dl=0
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Re: Nasty environment - equilibrium

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:33 pm

The equilibrium is pretty good, tough is not common to see equilibrium when the predator is bigger, better adapted to it's envirorment by much than his prey, so... How the thing keeps energy? Did Petter lowered the energy consumption of keratynocytes?
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:36 pm

CandyYAHFT wrote:so... How the thing keeps energy? Did Petter lowered the energy consumption of keratynocytes?
I'm not sure what you mean. It gets energy from the Phagocyte-Devorcyte species. Keratinocytes are the same.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:40 pm

No how it gets, I know the thing eats, what I meant is why the thing worked, but then I saw the substrate settings and I understand now
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:37 pm

Don't forget that the predator is entirely dependent on its prey without having the ability to actively hunt it (no Stereocyte). That makes it almost impossible for the predator to take over, because as soon as its food source gets too low the predator starves keeping both species in a dynamic balance.

Haven't yet checked out the substrate though as I'm currently on client site in San Francisco just enjoying a little break ;)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:26 am

Hey, you're only an 8 hr drive from me in LA. Enjoy!
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:39 am

weird, I tough you were all europeans cuz you speak a "different" kind of english, from my point of view of course, maybe I'm the one that speaks "different"
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:09 am

I am European, German to be precise :) But this week in SF on a business trip. And yes, i did get to enjoy a bit. The last few days then were full of work though which ultimately is what I came for ;) Saturday it's going back home.

Now also looked into the substrate. That does look pretty cool :-) And it does balance exactly the way I described above which is always fascinating to watch.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:31 am

I tweaked my solution for Keep the Balance a bit and got it to live on this substrate for 4300 hrs.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:38 am

I put my solution to Tip the Balance on there and it killed off both species.
amor fati