Halo's The Flood

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Lord Zonar

Halo's The Flood

Post by Lord Zonar » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:20 pm

I came up with an idea, to use the Virocyte not to replace swimmers with a ghtly better version, but to completely change its structure, so it kills the other swimmers, and after two days of headaches i think i got it down. So i call it the Flood but im sure its more like Xenomorphs, the Infector(the tan and red) causes the Host(blue swimmers) to produce a Flood(grey and purple), rather than directly transforming it. Both the infectors and flood are able to reproduce without the host, making it more independent, and the flood devour the remaining swimmers.

Here is the first successful substrate, you may have to retry it a few times if the original Infector dies. But there is no need to change the substrate settings.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylvuo8k5tpqcp ... trate?dl=0

And here is the second larger one, to which the above advice still applies.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogolp0xww2hra ... trate?dl=0

Im thinking of making specialized forms of it, like these are regular swimmers,but i could make a form that hunts the swimmers directly, instead of killing at random
Some Guy

Re: Halo's The Flood

Post by Some Guy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:45 pm

Nice!
Galimulator is Love. Galimulator is Life.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:58 pm

Very cool! Not enough folks utilize Virocytes. Their potentials are amazing. Nice work.

I created a challenge / sandbox where you transform one sort of species into another. It's pretty simple, but it's just for playing around with Virocytes. You could check it out: Squares VI - Infection Sandbox
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:15 pm

On Infection II / III you can complete the challenge by making the substrate swimmers spit Virocyte-producing Glueocytes -- a sort of double parasite. And you don't even have to use your own swimmers to make it work.
amor fati
Lord Zonar

Post by Lord Zonar » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:59 am

Some Guy wrote:Nice!
Thanks!