IMPORTANT, read this before posting

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Petter
Site Admin

IMPORTANT, read this before posting

Post by Petter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Hi All,
Please make sure to follow these advice when posting in this forum:

1)
Often a species has a natural habitat and if you just give us the genome it will be hard to understand how it is meant to work. It is much better to upload a substrate with your species in it and with the correct settings and perhaps some other organisms your species depends on. Do not upload a genome with a list of instructions for the substrate.

2)
This forum does not provide hosting of files so you need to upload you file somewhere else and post a link here. Make sure the filename ends with .substrate and doesn't contain any other dots (.). Google drive or Dropbox work fine for uploading these files. If you do not know how to do this send the file as an attachment to cell.lab.game@gmail.com and I will reply with link for you. Please test that tapping your link indeed downloads a file that one can open using cell lab.

Cheers,
Petter

Re: IMPORTANT, read this before posting

Post by 5163 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:21 pm

How do we upload the file?
Help! The cells are eating me!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Upload your genome to Dropbox or google drive and then share and post the link to the file.
amor fati
Massicyte

Post by Massicyte » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:12 pm

And how do we install a substrate or a genome in the game?

I know, I'm a noob in this subject...
[Inspirational Quote]
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:03 am

Do you mean, how do you download them into the game? When you tap the link you should get some sort of download or "open with" option, depending on what browser you use. When you download or open, a genome will automatically get saved into your gene bank and will appear when you use "Load." A substrate will open in Cell Lab, but it is not automatically saved into your list of Experiment substrates. To save it, you just have to use "Save Sample in Freezer" as usual.
amor fati
Massicyte

Post by Massicyte » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:56 pm

bwisialo wrote:Do you mean, how do you download them into the game? When you tap the link you should get some sort of download or "open with" option, depending on what browser you use. When you download or open, a genome will automatically get saved into your gene bank and will appear when you use "Load." A substrate will open in Cell Lab, but it is not automatically saved into your list of Experiment substrates. To save it, you just have to use "Save Sample in Freezer" as usual.
Personally, I don't get the "open with" option. It just says that it can't open the file. I have a Moto G3 btw.
[Inspirational Quote]
ILoveCellLab

Post by ILoveCellLab » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:14 pm

bwisialo wrote:Upload your genome to Dropbox or google drive and then share and post the link to the file.
How do I upload the genome to dropbox or google drive?
Alast

Post by Alast » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:27 am

In your Gene Ba nk you can tap on a genome and then share. If you have Dropbox installed on your device, you can upload it right from there. To share a substrate you need to keep it pressed a bit longer to get the share option.
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
ILoveCellLab

Post by ILoveCellLab » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:25 am

When I press share, it says Send Mail... and then an option for Google Chrome. I have Dropbox, though. When I click Google Chrome it creates an email with some text, but no .substrate file.
Only Neurocytes can play Cell lab
ILoveCellLab

Post by ILoveCellLab » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:29 am

Sorry, I didn't have dropbox, I just thought I did. It works now. Thanks anyway.
Only Neurocytes can play Cell lab