Weird bilateral smart swimmer

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Sakaaaaa

Weird bilateral smart swimmer

Post by Sakaaaaa » Tue May 02, 2017 2:37 am

I just made this today, it can't reproduce yet. It's like a starfish but it's better at food finding. Reproduction is a problem though. I tested it on Scarce Conditions 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlp85lo0kkg49 ... enome?dl=0
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and photocytes on a sunlit substrate. I'm actually not sure about the universe!"
-Avert Eyntsein
CandyYAHFT

Re: Weird bilateral smart swimmer

Post by CandyYAHFT » Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 am

You seem to have a problem I very often suffer.

Great, brilliant ideas but poor execution.

I might have help you with the reproduction problem.

I had to modify the flagellocytes strength some nutrient priority rebalance, and finally put it in an environment I feel this creature belongs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxjxqjekb55i2 ... trate?dl=0

I hope you like it.

I did nothing for efficiency as I'm not good at that yet, but I have learned a thing or two about nutrient priorities and angles from Bwisialo.
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Tue May 02, 2017 4:36 am

Bilateral? Dude! That's clearly an Omnidirectional! :) I'm just about to upload another type of Omnidirectional.

I looks alot like the first try I had with Omnidirectionals. Altough yours is superior. Mine had a big problem with the double Stereocytes that made the swimmer get stuck when the food was in certain regions of its body. Yours is more violent in its movements and has a different shape altogether, which solves the problem.

The solution I had was adding a constant spining of the organism, which changed the movement originally intented (moving like a chess tower) in favor or something more like a spiral. I got around to make the chess tower later though.

Yours is very nicely even shaped. About the reproduction, I think you should consider to give it to some Flagellocyte. It's not common, but totally doable.
Sakaaaaa

Post by Sakaaaaa » Tue May 02, 2017 5:15 am

Wow, thanks CandyYAHFT! It looks so cool but also a bit weird (in the good way) at the same time. Yes,I suffer from the same sickness as you. I also tried making a fish that rotates its flagellum to turn but that didnt work out either :(
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and photocytes on a sunlit substrate. I'm actually not sure about the universe!"
-Avert Eyntsein
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue May 02, 2017 7:12 am

This is a cool variation on the starfish design. Getting it to reproduce is pretty easy (I'd use M13 or M8), but getting it to reproduce on Scarce Conditions is going to be pretty difficult. The Flagellocytes are going to drain a lot of energy with the current configuration and programming. If you want to try to get it going on Scarce, it might help to give the Flagellocytes a small angle. A slight spin is probably going to work out to be more efficient, even if it hits an occasional death spin. If you want to keep the current movement without spin, the best thing is probably just to increase nutrients.
amor fati