Battleship

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Tarux

Battleship

Post by Tarux » Sun May 21, 2017 9:48 pm

With it's flat 2D graphics, I thought that Cell Lab could be a perfect place to play a classic game of Battleship, but with a celluar twist. ;)

Here are two ships engaging in battle.
Screenshot_2017-05-21-11-20-11.png
In the photo, there are two ships, a green player controlled one, and a blue AI controlled one.

Here's the player controlled version:
Screenshot_2017-05-21-11-20-36.png
And here's the CPU version:
Screenshot_2017-05-21-11-20-55.png
The player version swims away from red colors, therefore you can control it by placing a red phagocyte that never splits onto the plate.
The CPU version swims towards food, even tho it doesn't need to eat, it just gives it randomized movement.

Both fire black devorocyte bullets. In order to fire, they both need to be relatively close to each other.

It can get quite messy, but a little optimization can do the trick. There will be more ship types in the future, such as one that fires smart missiles, a rammer, a "radar" system etc. Maybe you guys can try to make ships of your own. You can even make challenges based on this.

Here's the player controlled version -> Player

Here's the CPU version -> CPU

And here's the substrate -> Arena
Ahh, the fresh smell of celluar mitosis (or nuclear fission).
ruffo

Re: Battleship

Post by ruffo » Mon May 22, 2017 12:20 am

This is awesome!!
Tarux

Post by Tarux » Mon May 22, 2017 12:27 am

Glad you liked it! I had this idea for quite a while, only now I actually made it a reality.
ruffo

Post by ruffo » Mon May 22, 2017 12:56 am

I won! Muhahah die AI, die!
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Mon May 22, 2017 12:57 am

Niice :D . I also had an idea of ship fights last year! . Here is what I came up with :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tagx6kmdv0g4n ... trate?dl=0

Mine was based on the mothership on "Chronicles of Riddick" film, when they assault a planet. The ship shoots out a bunch of drones from its side.

I tried to recreate that, but this one can reproduce once before became sterile, so no cpu vs human fight I guess :? . This carrier also didnt possess the stemocyte like yours do but I think the long range guns is really interesiting to look :lol: . I changed my keratinocyte to another photocyte and let your destroyer and my carrier duke it out! :twisted:
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Tarux

Post by Tarux » Mon May 22, 2017 1:17 am

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE one C4pung! :)
Here's how I managed to beat it:
Step 1, go behind (or in front)
Step 2, don't stop firing :lol:
Nice creation anyways!

Here's a Nuke cause why not?
Tarux

Post by Tarux » Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 am

Also, C4pung, I noticed that the carrier looks a lot like the design for the caterpillar in the Xenomorph thread. Are lots of your designs like that or...?
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Mon May 22, 2017 3:04 am

Haha you got me :lol: . Yes those are all basicly the same genome. I only change the 2x4 photocytes. There is the blood carrier that spits out low nutrient priority gluecocytes, that carrier that shoots out gluecocyte missiles, and a non splitting one like the caterpillar.

Man this was great!. An actual Cell Lab warfare :D . We already have 2 kinds of vehicle and 3 types of bullets.

I suggest the name would be :
•Armor piercing shell : a devoro swimmer
•Napalm/High explosive : a gluecocyte swimmer that will split after it attaches to the target
•Radioactive/Nukes : contains cyano secrocytes. This one should be illegal, it can kill in 1 touch :lol:

Im thinking of a gun that fires burst bullets (3 at a time) so the stemocyte will turn into a photo-> shootsbullet ->photo ->shootsbullet-> photo -> stemocyte again. Then attach it to a smart swimmer
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Tarux

Post by Tarux » Mon May 22, 2017 3:57 am

Heh, I got yah! 8-)

I don't think that the burst gun will make any difference to the firing speed, due to stemocyte being able to instantly turn into a photocyte. Maybe a photocyte that splits into 4 bullet eggs could be possible.

I've also thought of some new guns/bullets.
- A smart missile producer
- A stealth ship (but still could be slightly detected)
- A kamikaze ship (body explodes into cyanide upon impact)
- One that produces controllable drones
- A "data leech", which is a stealth missile that behaves like a Xenomorph facehugger, exept it drains all nutrients.(this could be too op)
- A stealth bomber (this one could also be too op :lol: )
- A railgun (accelerates a cell to lightning speeds, so fast you don't need a devorocyte, cyanide, or a glueocyte to kill a ship)
- A mine layer (food lure that explodes into cyanide upon impact)
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Mon May 22, 2017 4:13 am

Nice ideas! I think I can make a couple of those. Though the stealth one I'm not really sure how to design it :? . Maybe a stemocyte "chameleon" style swimmer?. It will change most of its outer cells to the color the enemy dont detect.

What I'm going for first would be the mine layer and smart missile producer. Also an OP nuclear silo that will launch multiple nuclear warheads in random direction :lol: . Railgun could be possible too in low viscosity, but I'm worried the shell will pop its flagellocyte before reaching enough velocity to crush the enemy cells.
Last edited by C4pung on Mon May 22, 2017 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.