Limited

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Dan

Limited

Post by Dan » Sun May 28, 2017 2:23 pm

This genome I inserted in this substrate has a beautiful ecology. It has a three organisms that are connected. 1. Hatchery(photocyte, senseocyte and stemocyte)
2. Smart swimmer(stemocyte, senseocyte, stereocyte myocyte and flagellocyte)
3. Dumb swimmer(Flagellocyte, photocyte and Mode1 Lypo).
Hatchery is the first organism that will live. It produces smart swimmers that are attracted to it and lays and sticks the egg using gluecyte. The layed eggs on the Hatchery produced by smart swimmers will split into a dumb swimmer to spread another Hatchery on the other part of the dish. In a possibility that a hatchery senses another hatchery, the stemo of the Hatchery will change into devo so that it minimizes the population.
This substrate has a low possibility to have a population of more than 300 cells I think.
Here is the subst.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5smswgk8fbk1p ... trate?dl=0
Is it already have been post by the other? Sorry if it is.
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Can I see your cell's COLOR,
And copy its HUE?
C4pung

Re: Limited

Post by C4pung » Sun May 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Thats really cool 1 genome ecology!. Reminds me of the Xenomorph :mrgreen: . Really nifty using devos to control the population. And the dumb swimmers helps to distrubute the hatchery evenly trought the plate.

One thing I didnt really understand is what triggers the egg laying swimmer's stemocyte? I upload it to the genome editor and find it triggered by green. But there was a specific time when it lays eggs. Can you explain it to me? ;)

A cool genome nonetheless, good job on using modes efficiently :D
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Great way to control cells number.
"Hey, what are you doing in my area? Let just die together." :lol:

I wonder why the swimmer's stemocyte wont trigger everytime.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
Dan

Post by Dan » Sun May 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Oh thanks.
Well when the senseocyte senses the green photocyte in a short distance, it produces a signal that change the stemo to photocyte. The photocyte produce the stemo again and the gluecyte that split the egg quickly to the hatchery. Do I answer your question?
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
And copy its HUE?
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sun May 28, 2017 2:57 pm

I changed the devorocyte into a secro-cyanide cause I think its visually more amazing :lol: . Still kinda confused about the stemocytes though :oops: . The swimmers is around the hatchey almost all the time, but the only time they trigger into the glueocytes was only when the Hatchery's photocyte reach a suitable mass. I dont know how you made it that way.

Anyway so the cycle goes like this I think?
Hatchery--->Swimmers---->eggs laid on Hatchery---->egg split into hatchery larvae---> hatchery.

Thats quite a long cycle you have there. Amazing! :D . The longest cycle I have was 3 on smart organism, 5 on dumb ones
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Dan

Post by Dan » Sun May 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Oh, so that is where you confuse ha? Well, I didn' t how I made that. It just pop out with that. ;)
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
And copy its HUE?
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sun May 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Really? :o . Thats really strange though. Maybe somebody else can explain it?. The swimmer is basicly swarming on the hatchery, but only when the phootcyte have enough mass, then they lay their eggs
Dan

Post by Dan » Sun May 28, 2017 3:36 pm

Or maybe because the signal I programmed to the senseocyte that will change the stemo is very low. Try changing it?
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
And copy its HUE?
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:36 am

This is an interesting and peculiar system you have here. :) I'll have to explore it a bit.

@C4pung - It's true, the Stemocyte is triggered at a particular moment by the dark green detecting Senseocyte. It is triggered when the the dark green cell reaches a particular size: more substance is released when the cells detected are larger. The amount of substance depends on size, distance and number.
amor fati
Dan

Post by Dan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:40 am

Wow, thanks. :D
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
And copy its HUE?