Randomized Swimmer Color and Pseudo Races

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
C4pung

Re: Randomized Swimmer Color and Pseudo Races

Post by C4pung » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 pm

@Bwisialo, thanks for the suggestion. That was my initial values for the senseocytes but I changed it to S2 and S3 because I screwed up the stemocyte settings (channel 1 was b=1, c=0.1 channel 2 was a=1, c=0) but it didnt worked out
JPrescott wrote:Cool! Now they actually look like koi. It would be awesome if this method could be used as color coding for different functioning units in a colony.

Thanks :D , your suggestion was interesting! I like colonies-type organism like the popular queen-drone swimmers. The problem would be modes available though, we barely able to make 3 smart swimmers under a single genome. So its a real stretch trying to have a caste system / multi function colony. Do you have suggestions?
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:19 pm

Stepping it up another level, here I randomize 4 cells instead of 3 :D , the Kite Swimmer Randomizer!

Subs : https://www.dropbox.com/s/sa6gh6vsunlbf ... trate?dl=0

The egg splits into 4 diffrent stereocyte detecting food, they each give S1, S2, S3, S4 signals before 90/10 splitting into stemocytes. These stemocytes will channel to the corresponding color of the swimmer parts based on the food signal of their previous stereocytes, if there is no signal, it will 90/10 splits back into the stemocyte until it gets a signal. Here are the modes and color details :

M8 : Front Phagocyte color choice 1 (blue)
M9 : Front Phagocyte color choice 2 (yellow)
M10 : Right Flagellocyte color choice 1 (blue)
M11 : Right Flagellocyte color choice 2 (yellow)
M12 : Rear Stereocyte color choice 1(blue)
M13 : Rear Stereocyte color choice 2 (yellow)
M14 : Left Flagellocyte color choice 1 (blue)
M15 : Left Flagellocyte color choice 2 (yellow)

This were not really hard to make, but its really tedious! :oops: . Its definitely possible to make a linear swimmer version of this, and even a predatory version. But maybe we need to share a couple of cells just like the Koi.

"If it exists, then there must be a predatory version of it. If not, then make one! (Wether it works well or not is not a problem)" :lol:
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
ANYMOUS SCIENTIST

Post by ANYMOUS SCIENTIST » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Great!
Nope, no.Theres nothing to say
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Also I think we can combine the Pseudo Grouping mechanism with this swimmer. So they will turn into the color their stereocytes were pointing on if a swimmer is stuck in between a blue and a yellow swimmer, then their color will be half and half! :o

Meanwhile I'm going to make the linear version first because it seemed easy and I dont really know how to set up the stemocytes and stereocytes for the Pseudo Grouping-Randomizer combo
TragmatiS

Post by TragmatiS » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:28 pm

How about randomizing crawlers? I don`t think that it`s possible with Dynamic and Static friction preventing stereocyte clusters from forming.
I`m Russian so there may be typos.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:29 pm

I'll take a look later today.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:44 pm

TragmatiS wrote:How about randomizing crawlers? I don`t think that it`s possible with Dynamic and Static friction preventing stereocyte clusters from forming.
For that to happen I need to learn how to make a crawler first :? , then learn the values balance to make a smart crawler, then design the crawler. The randomization will be limited though since oscilation already took 2 signals (S1 and S2).
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:46 pm

You can get plenty of randomization with two or only one signal... I think. Very doable... once you have a crawler. :lol:
amor fati
Reaper Elite
Location: In the Underworld eating bacon and watching anime with Marilyn Monroe

Post by Reaper Elite » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Heres my crawler from friction if it helps
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m486zjspruydv ... enome?dl=0
"A mercenary can always find a war to fight if they look hard enough"
"You become a changed person when you face me and deny me your soul."
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Here is the dumb swimmer that has four color combinations: (B)lue, (O)range; O,B; B,B; and O,O. A Lipocyte egg spits into two Stereocytes; those split 90,10 to create two Stemocytes; one Stemocyte will become a blue or orange Phagocyte and the other will be the randomized Flagellocyte.

It uses 10 modes: 1-8 and 12-13. I think 4 color combinations requires two sensing cells but perhaps not, which if possible would save modes. Because I'm doing this on the fly in my head, I'm not sure if the same mechanism would allow you to use 20 modes total to get 2 additional cells for a Myocyte swimmer with all cells randomized.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/miop75frjh0i0 ... trate?dl=0

I also have another one where, in addition, each time the Phagocyte head splits, it can change color. I don't think it requires more modes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmlzboio0u6vr ... trate?dl=0
amor fati