Randomized Swimmer Color and Pseudo Races

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
C4pung

Re: Randomized Swimmer Color and Pseudo Races

Post by C4pung » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:32 am

Sorry my terms confused you :lol: . Im bad at optimizing so the traditional layout risked the flagellocytes to pop during high speed chase.

By super smart predator I meant like the one I use as my male predator. Oops, I mean senseocytes!. Using 2 senseocytes in the middle will leave no room for the stereocyte. I could use my Hard Tick layout but Im pretty sure it will implode on itself, so Brain Predator is the way to go.

Now excuse myself as I experiment with the Stemo-Senseo programming ;)
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:21 am

Why does it need two Senseocytes?
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:46 am

Oh, I see. What if you use the Dimorphic omnivore. Change it so that you have two predators.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:17 pm

I havent tried to use your dimorphic swimmers, made one and its real bad, I think I also accidently overwrote it with another genome. The stemocyte values I cant get right :cry: . The stemocyte values I use are:

Senseocyte +- 30 S2
Channel 1 to cyan egg, a=0, b=1, c=0.01
Channel 2 to green egg, a=1, b=0, c=0

By my understanding, the stemocyte will channel to cyan if input is positive, and go to green if the input is negative. But because of this set up, the stemocyte will favor one channel greatly. I must have messed up somewhere but I dont really know. I will post the genome tommorow.

I have the dimorphic predator almost ready, just doing a couple minor changes like color and adhesin connections. Its base is 95% yours

One thing I realize is that the prey could only reproduce if there are predator around, to stimulate their senseocytes. If there are none then the stemocyte will not channel to either egg, or will favor one greatly. I will try using 90/10 split based on my Pseudo Race (not grouping).

Ps. I found out your Dimorpic swimmers have 2 channels that have a=+- 0.02. Is this to lower its sensitivity?. Thanks in advance for teaching me how to use stemocytes :D
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Sphaxie

Post by Sphaxie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:33 pm

C4pung wrote:I havent tried to use your dimorphic swimmers, made one and its real bad, I think I also accidently overwrote it with another genome. The stemocyte values I cant get right :cry: . The stemocyte values I use are:

Senseocyte +- 30 S2
Channel 1 to cyan egg, a=0, b=1, c=0.01
Channel 2 to green egg, a=1, b=0, c=0

By my understanding, the stemocyte will channel to cyan if input is positive, and go to green if the input is negative. But because of this set up, the stemocyte will favor one channel greatly. I must have messed up somewhere but I dont really know. I will post the genome tommorow.

I have the dimorphic predator almost ready, just doing a couple minor changes like color and adhesin connections. Its base is 95% yours

One thing I realize is that the prey could only reproduce if there are predator around, to stimulate their senseocytes. If there are none then the stemocyte will not channel to either egg, or will favor one greatly. I will try using 90/10 split based on my Pseudo Race (not grouping).

Ps. I found out your Dimorpic swimmers have 2 channels that have a=+- 0.02. Is this to lower its sensitivity?. Thanks in advance for teaching me how to use stemocytes :D
I LOVE STEMOCYTES!
The evil signature IT'S TIME TO STOP!!! ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:59 pm

Yes, that means cyan if >.01, green if <0. I think you've got the Stemocyte mechanics down. :) To avoid favoring green, you can make it: green if <-.01.

I'm not sure how I ended up using +-.02. It was probably that, because nutrient chunks are thinly spread out everywhere, +-.01 was giving me too many nutrient eaters. Unfortunately, using +-.02 means that some offspring remain Stemocytes that don't change. There's probably a way to fix that by changing one or both Senseocyte Output values, and/or changing one or both differentiation values.

It seems you know how the settings work :) , now you just have to experiment sometimes to find out which settings work.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:30 pm

I have 2 version of the prey "somewhat" ready for testing. 1 uses 2 senseocytes to detect the color of the predator, the other uses a single senseocyte and 90/10 split. Both of them I added an avoiding stereocyte to run from predators.

Here is the 2 senseocyte version :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nipobnry5bpbh ... trate?dl=0

You were right that it favors green more even before looking the substrate :o . I changed the first channel (cyan) to b=1, c=0 instead of 0.01. They use the same layout as the Brain Predator, sharing the flagelocytes and senseocytes.

Here is the 1 senseocyte version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx0ct7v3erd7w ... trate?dl=0

Uses the same 90/10 split senseo/stemo function as my Pseudo Races. The layout is the traditional avoider/predator. They both run away from black, and each stereocyte will change the color of their offspring if they sensed the darker version of their color (I want the predator to be dark green and dark blue). Strangely, they seemed to have Pseudo Grouping aswell, I dont know what causes it.

So 3 functions available. 2 permanent senseocytes, 1 senseocyte 90/10 split, and 2 temporary dimorphic-style.
I might be biased but I think the 90/10 works best because they can reproduce when there is no predator around, the 2 permanent senseocytes one is bigger so they are slower and harder to maintain. Dimorphic one is out of my league :oops: they stemocyte settings and nutrient priorities are way above me.

Ps. I accidently overwrote the predator one when testing it with the prey! :x . I need to make it again...
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:50 am

Back to the basics! :D , I had some trouble making the Dimorphic Predator so I made this : Hot 'n' Cold!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqpzel9kmea2h ... trate?dl=0

Its basicly an Omni randomizer, the 3Star to be exact. Because of omnis using modules, they save alot of modes. I think its possible to make 6star randomizer with proper optimization, or a 2 star with 3/4 color choices (3 might be possible but that way I need to share modes).

Same as before, I randomize it with a stereo/stemo pair with 90/10 split. Here is the modes and its color

M7: 1st channel Lipo module (blue hue)
M12 : 2nd channel Lipo module (red hue)

I really like how the color turns out :D

Ps. Next stop: randomized serpents! ;) wouldnt be too hard I think. Id really like to make crawlers but I never experimented on it before
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:36 am

Nice work! :D I think the single Senseo version should work. It seems like it is a good method and it's probably worth testing that one with predators first. You can use the same Stemocyte for green and blue prey. It should be possible to make their Flagellocytes the right color, or if not, at least the food Stereocyte. Seems like it would take 21 modes or so to color all cells.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:41 am

It seems like any version with two permanent Senseocytes is going to be inefficient. A dimorphic version would come out to be the same number of modes as the one Senseocyte version, but I think the one Senseocyte version will probably work out better. :)
amor fati