Randomized Swimmer Color and Pseudo Races

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
bwisialo

Re: Randomized Swimmer Color and Pseudo Races

Post by bwisialo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:47 am

Some grouping effect makes sense, though I think that isn't what is really happening. By default blue produces blue, and by default green produces green. So whenever predators aren't detected, they are producing their own color. Without predators it should look the same as a blue species and a green species living on the same plate.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:49 am

I have modified the dimorphic omnivore into a dimorphic color prey to test out ther randomizing function but it hits the same old same problem :x .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uxktgdtace9e ... trate?dl=0

Im really sure I only changed the senseo and stereocytes sensing from cell to food for the predator counterpart and color it blue. But the same problem occurs, it greatly prefers the first channel. I dont know whats going on, did I go crazy and accidently changed the stemocytes values, or the substrate oversaturated the senseocytes?.

I wonder why the senseocytes have that "first channel first serve" feature, it basicly made the programming useless and need to tweak it even further to compensate it :oops:
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:11 am

There is usually a way to eliminate or minimize the first channel bias. In many cases with two sugnsl inputs, you would want to use the same substance with + vs - so that the two signals directly oppose one another and one wins.

In this case you can just use one food Stereocyte instead, with a=1, c=-.01 in one channel and b=1, c=.01 in the other.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:33 am

I was trying to make a predator out of it, but I use the prey first because it will be easier to test. I dont need to put in prey when I sterilize the plate :P .

I'd like to use a single signal (+-S2) for the stemocytes and senseocytes to try out your anti-bias function but the unticked snap values it was really hard, I dont think its even possible to set a value exactly 0.

I dont think a single stereocyte will be possible for a dimorphic predator though :? , they need to sense 2 color. Is 1 senseocyte possible though using the "if no x then make y if there is x then make x" function?
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:01 am

The final version of prey will detect color, right? Use + vs - Senseocytes.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:45 am

Omni randomizer with gametes! :D

Subs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u70xdteasv3i ... trate?dl=0

Doritos/tricoli that reproduce by gametes. One interesting thing I find is that since the omni that Nayus made use the same modes for each hand, the offspring end up having radial color symmetry!.

Next up Im going to try hexa-star to prove that radial color symmetry and maybe try to make fenotipic dominance swimmer (abusing that new 40 modes :twisted: )
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Been messing around with virocytes, and i already see few people using this function so i did aswell, viro wars:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z08rq98g06qnu ... trate?dl=0

Blue and yellow swimmer produce an egg that will split into swimmers and viro swimmers. Yellow seeks to change blue and vice-versa. Hijacked yellow swimmers will produce blue swimmers and the same thing goes with blue. I like when the virocyte die early leaving these multi-colored swimmes :)