Parthogenesis

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
bwisialo

Re: Parthogenesis

Post by bwisialo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:47 pm

You can -- and should :lol: -- mix things up in those and other ways to see what you get. :) I had one that was modeled on heterogamy, which I think is different than parthenogenesis. I doubt that heterogamy was 100% accurate. It seems kind of goofy. :lol: The female alternately produces a male and a Senseocyte that detects males and that becomes a Stemocyte. If it detects males, it becomes an egg, you get sexual reproduction, and the ferilized egg becomes a female. If it doesn't detect males, it becomes a female egg with no need of fertilization (asexual reproduction).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qi1kbpxuw0yqj ... trate?dl=0
amor fati
Sphaxie

Post by Sphaxie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:55 pm

ANYMOUS SCIENTIST wrote:It just have a 2 problem/unperfections:
1 The female/pink swimmer still can reproduce without touching the male/blue
2 I havent unlock stemocyte, Deception challenge is hard :oops:
But its alright still looks good for me
I find deception easy just make a dumb carnivore that has the right split mass nutrient priority
The evil signature IT'S TIME TO STOP!!! ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!
ANYMOUS SCIENTIST

Post by ANYMOUS SCIENTIST » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Sphaxie wrote:
ANYMOUS SCIENTIST wrote:It just have a 2 problem/unperfections:
1 The female/pink swimmer still can reproduce without touching the male/blue
2 I havent unlock stemocyte, Deception challenge is hard :oops:
But its alright still looks good for me
I find deception easy just make a dumb carnivore that has the right split mass nutrient priority
Yeah for u... :cry:
Need Motivation
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:55 pm

The heterogamy is amazing! (And confusing :lol: ). I want to try the gendered smart serpent male. We usually have the males as either a smart swimmer with a secrocyte module attached, or a "mouthless" smart swimmer/sperm that sole purpose is to fertilize the female then die of starvation. The Sexual Serpent males produces sperm rather than actively chasing the femals
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:10 pm

I agree. Having a male with Secrocyte is quite different than having a male produce sperm with Secrocyte. I think you can do it a swimmer instead of serpent. I can't recall if that's how I did smart sperm or not.
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:15 pm

If one male produces many sperm, you don't want a 50/50 gender ratio.
amor fati
JPrescott

Post by JPrescott » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:35 am

I don't know if this falls under parthenogenesis but basically, females produce males by default and produce females in the presence of a male.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5dmrqxh8yxti ... trate?dl=0

now that I know how the Stemocyte works, I feel like I surpassed the horizon :P
Split split
It's bright and lit
Split split
Too much oh sh-
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 am

Ooooh, fertilization by color? Interesting!. Will it fall under the heterogamy category?. Also you should ramp up salinity instead of the nutrient concetration and chunks. Smart organisms is well suited for low conc/chunks high salinity rather than high conc/chunks and low salinity
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:29 am

Yay, Stemocytes! Congrats.

Here's my very superficial and probably not entirely correct understanding. Parthenogenesis is asexual reproduction with eggs and embryo, etc., but the eggs don't need fertilization. Heterogamy is reproduction that is sometimes asexual (like parthenogenesis) and sometime sexual, with egg fertilization. This can alternate by generation or it can be a conditional response to the environment.

JPrescott - Whatever it is, this is the place where your creation belongs. :) What it is is no doubt open to interpretation. I think it is a bit different than fertilization. It is conditional but it is not something that involves contact. I'm not even sure if I would call it asexual or sexual: I can see arguments for both. I would probably say that these are smart eggs that differentiate, but without fertilization occuring. I'd say parthenogenesis or maybe something else, but not heterogamy.
amor fati
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:04 pm

I'm thinking of a challenge with this organism.

Objective 1(Difficult)
We got a hold of a creature that reproduce sexually. What's weird is that when there's no male, they will lay an egg of a female only. Prove this.
Eradicate male, no phagocyte
2 ways to solve
-predator
- virocyte? Make the female produce all female, skip the stemocyte part and make them just reproduce female.

Objective 2(Very Difficult)
Eradicate female,no phagocyte.
Solution
- virocyte? Make the male reproduce or change female colour?

I don't know if the virocyte solution work though, it's just a theory. We need to ask fellow scientist from virocyte division. @bwisialo and @ ruffo.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.