Light sensor plant

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Sphaxie

Re: Light sensor plant

Post by Sphaxie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:54 pm

humon wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzh0TE ... p=drivesdk

After three months of work, I have finally arrived to share something amazing with you guys. I'm sure it wasn't done before, and I must admit: without dozens of accidents you would never see this.

The whole idea is to have a cell which doesn't waste energy on photocytes while the sunlight is away, allowing very slow light movement to not be deadly.

The cell is highly unoptimalized, and inefficient, but it can survive without much salinity.
The cell works based around color signalling, where sun causes cells to grow, creating a signal, making further cells also capable of growing.

CAUTION: these cells are exotic, and very sensitive! Clicking the substrate or genome button will most probably result in their death, as sun position resets.

Function of the double-stemos:
The plant produces S1 if red light is nearby, causing it to create photocytes. These photos will die if light goes away (low priority and no stay alive), leaving a new stemo which activates only if the S1 depletes, preventing early activation from neighbours if the sun only left a short while ago.

New plants to prevent activation if the sun is too far away to allow profit of energy start at high S1, waiting for depletion. (Which cannot deplete if red signals are still nearby)

Edit: I figured dropbox out https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mfqt8jlub2gc ... -c1ja?dl=0
I want senso and stereocytes that can detect light.
The evil signature IT'S TIME TO STOP!!! ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!
humon

Post by humon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 pm

The method they use might inspire some, and I really hope new organisms utilizing this system will appear. Photocyte swimmers mixed in with glue-to-wall light sensors might allow them to simply utilize the behavior of the swimmers, for example.
-First experiment of the Aspiring Apprentice-
Once a single split,
Now a grand gift,
Thanks to evolution,
A complete revolution.

The substrate being well lit,
The cells no longer fit,
One last tragic split:
"I quit!"

-the Lost Poet
Eu Sou A Fazenda

Post by Eu Sou A Fazenda » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:03 pm

It seems like the dropbox link isnt working anymore, anyone still have the substract?
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Link's working fine.. Just try finding a way if it's not working for you ;)
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Noughtypixy

Post by Noughtypixy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:32 am

Eu Sou A Fazenda wrote:It seems like the dropbox link isnt working anymore, anyone still have the substract?
have had that problem, try downloading the substrate then open it from the file manager (I'm using total commander as file manager) that made it work for me.
beware the pixys