Amoeba

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
C4pung

Amoeba

Post by C4pung » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:29 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uc13d4nxlhdd ... trate?dl=0

This organism mimics the way real Amoeba move, by using pseudopods! :D . Huge credits to Megathosto and Proguy for inspiring this creation :)

The real Amoeba use contraction of their microfilaments to move, my version emits flagellocytes inside the "membrane" to move. The stereocytes detect food and send signal to the stemocyte to change into a photocyte, that splits into a flagellocyte and back to the stemocyte.

Like always, there are room for improvements. This organism is quite large, reaching 28 cells on adulthood (not counting eggs and flagellocytes). Because of this the development and the adult need to use photocytes, the constant splitting of the stemocyte also needs alot of energy. Large wobbly structure made the "membrane" tend to break. And visually, the tiny flagellocytes are able to escape the membrane and this dont really look good :P .

I think I have around 3-4 modes left, I would really like to give another "organelle" inside the membrane to mimic the "cell inside of cell"-style. It could be a nucleus that splits into 2 offspring, or something else. Any ideas?
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
TragmatiS

Re: Amoeba

Post by TragmatiS » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Cool! :D Didn`t think of that before.

Tried increasing adhesin strength on all splitting cells, works well and less flagellocytes escape membrane now. Then I'll try to reduce swim speed slightly, I hope it`ll help.
I`m Russian so there may be typos.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Im pretty sure they are all maxed on adhesin strength, thats kinda a celllab-thing :lol: . Many people suggested a new cell type like skelecyte or something to add adhesin strength. As for your flagellocyte speed suggestion, Im afraid that lowering it even more will slow down its movements alot. Also, the reason the flagellocytes escapes is their size, not really their speed.
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:36 pm

I got a "new" idea! :idea: . There is an idea on the Idea Bank about certain mechanism of real life viruses, so how about making a Bacteriophage? :mrgreen:

The virus hijack the photo-flagellocyte to produce its own copy until the membran will break, releasing tons of viruses!
Sphaxie

Post by Sphaxie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:51 pm

C4pung wrote:I got a "new" idea! :idea: . There is an idea on the Idea Bank about certain mechanism of real life viruses, so how about making a Bacteriophage? :mrgreen:

The virus hijack the photo-flagellocyte to produce its own copy until the membran will break, releasing tons of viruses!
So a bit like the spore in infestation?
The evil signature IT'S TIME TO STOP!!! ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:52 pm

That's very cool! :D And nice virus idea! :D Very easy to do!
amor fati
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Interesting way to move :)
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 am

Thanks Bwisialo and Megathosto! :mrgreen:
Sphaxie wrote:
C4pung wrote:I got a "new" idea! :idea: . There is an idea on the Idea Bank about certain mechanism of real life viruses, so how about making a Bacteriophage? :mrgreen:

So a bit like the spore in infestation?
Yeah, when the membrane of the amoeba breaks, its like infestation releases spore swimmers, but this time it releases new viruses
bwisialo wrote:That's very cool! :D And nice virus idea! :D Very easy to do!
Really hard to do for me :oops: . I dont really know how to "infect" it, there are vurnable places around the membrane though
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:14 am

I'm working my way into the thread now. The first amoeba is very cool! :D I wish I knew more about real amoebas so I could help develop things in a way that made sense, but I don't. ;) I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to learn a bit about them. Anyway, I made a version that works by cell farts instead of Flagellocytes. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2xnjzayps7kg ... trate?dl=0
amor fati
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:48 am

The bacteriophage isn't that easy on the whole. Getting more than 7 modes to transfer is the tricky part, but it'll work. I'll give it a try.
amor fati