Flower

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Noughtypixy

Flower

Post by Noughtypixy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:54 pm

My take on a flower, repro is via maale uses virokites that make the bees (basic swimmer) make a sekrito rather than its own egg to pollinate the female flower
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cceqwghwugs0 ... trate?dl=0
beware the pixys
C4pung

Re: Flower

Post by C4pung » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:21 pm

pollination and bees??. Thats really cool! :o . I never thought of it like that, the "bees" themself got "pollen" from the male flower and distribute them to females.

The only problem is that the dumb swimmers are.... dumb. They hit each other too much and the chances of pollination is really low. But darn thats a really cool mechanism
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Noughtypixy

Post by Noughtypixy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Working out how to free up some modes, so can make infected bees seek the female or at the least stop multi spawning the secretokites so they swim better.
beware the pixys
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:03 pm

Cool idea. Yes, pronably needs to be executed with dome sort of smart organism. Maybe one that seeks food but also seeks flowers by color. The Virocyte of the male could change the swimmer's Steteocyte to seek the color of the female.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:32 am

I got a variation of what Bwisialo said, I use a smart linear swimmer that have a diffrent configuration (flagello, myo, phago, stereo). The stereo-head seeks food and the myocyte is its reproductive organ.

My flower is in really early prototype with the males have virocyte petals, and the females have stemocyte petals. The male virocyte will turn the "bees" stereocyte head into a lipocyte that splits again into a female-flower-seeking stereo and a secrocyte to fertilize the flowers.

Stemocyte petals will channel into a gender randomizer stereocyte and 90/10 split into another stemocyte. This stemocyte will become the specific gender based on the stereocyte signals. Its not ready yet, reproducement is all over the place, and the randomizer didnt work well. The petals also dont regenerate rendering females sterile. Modes also an issue (Male flowers have 5 petals, female have 3).

Maybe this can give you ideas?
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:27 am

The flowers are a separate genome than the bees, right?

A really awesome variation would be not to use a Virocyte. Have the bee go to the male flower for nutrients, and with the nutrients the swimmers cells split to begin the search for the female flower. Then the bees wouldn't just be a victim but would benefit as well.
amor fati
ANYMOUS SCIENTIST

Post by ANYMOUS SCIENTIST » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:28 am

Cool thats mind breaking :D as I never think about that, the viro and stuff, anyway i hate to make an organism with virocyte, sometimes they just ruin the creations
Need Motivation
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Yes, the bees are a separate organism with diffrent genome than the flowers. I really like that idea, symbiosis between the flower and the bees. Its like my early posts from Quirky Habitat where the organisms are fed by "cell farts" :lol: . But I think there would be a problem where the bee's is going to have difficulties in reproducing, since they will most likely only be finding food before they molt.

Im going to try optimize my viro-flower first. Its a big jump for me to use virocytes in my organism, my male flower also use cell-farts (5 petals did a good job outputting alot of food chunks) to attract bees because using food-smell will make the bees extinct. Its a matter of optimization and modes management I think.
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:14 pm

Reproducing and/ or finding food before molting shouldn't be a problem. You could do it with one organism with a sequence of Stereocytes, or you could have one swimmer alternately produce flower seekers and new swimmers, or ypu could gave smart eggs or dimorphism so they become flower seekers only when hatched near flowers,... This is starting to look familiar, right? ;) Re-use, re-use.
amor fati
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Ooooh nice ideas! :o . The pollen carrier + food seeker is a cool idea. Dimorphic is even cooler, but setting up the stemo brings back traumatic experience with Pseudo-colors :? . But Im still having fun playing around with virocytes :P , I want to make the bees as simple as possible. Because having a more complex bee, will also increase the complexity of the flower's virus

Here is a really early substrate :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/upyekkwff03pl ... trate?dl=0

Initial egg for flower is M9 (M1 male, M20 female). Male are blue, female are red. Virocytes infect bees to make them a pollen carrying-red seeker. I havent optimized it so its very likely be over-populated. The gender randomizer (M15-M16) is also kinda wonky, they prefer males over females.

Ps. The modes are all over the place, you can ask me and I will give you all the modes and their designated functions. Also, I dont quite understand the whole "virus children-grandchildren" thing. I managed the virus (infect from M6 to M6) to infect the head of the bee (M6), and they split into M7 and M8 to form the food seeker stereo and secro. But the bee's phagocyte is also M7, which got infected again and become a red-seeker (now the bees have 2 red-seeker stereocytes). I dont know why this happened, because I set it to copy from M6 to M6, so why is it able to infect M7? This is why I set the M6 lipocyte into M8 and M11 instead of M7.

Pps. Sorry for long post, should I split this post?