Project Oceanum: Piscis

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
humon

Project Oceanum: Piscis

Postby humon » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:49 pm

As spring draws closer, from the mud small groups of fish appear. They are hungry, thriving and growing as the breeding season is soon to arrive. The crabs are being easily outdone, and due to lack of food they instead acclimatize to a short period of sleeping, hiding in their shells.
Original genome by TMQCypher.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cv7s2ri4223oe ... trate?dl=0

Information: this project is an attempt to create a substrate with as many organisms as possible. The current creature I'm seeking is a predator: a catfish, currently I have the problem that the predators I made are too efficient and extinct the fish. The creature would be slow, smart, and designed to hunt the ignorant fish. It shouldn't be too common in the substrate, 10-15 crowds (grouped ones count as one) at most, preferably.
-First experiment of the Aspiring Apprentice-
Once a single split,
Now a grand gift,
Thanks to evolution,
A complete revolution.

The substrate being well lit,
The cells no longer fit,
One last tragic split:
"I quit!"

-the Lost Poet

Noughtypixy

Re: Project Oceanum: Piscis

Postby Noughtypixy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:49 am

Added 4 organisms another smart swimmer a dumb swimmer a viroswimmer and a stickyviro seems stable at the moment,
Crab things at bottom died of old age.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzg4vcyisyxur ... trate?dl=0
Feel free to pick and choose which ones you prefer
beware the pixys

humon

Postby humon » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:21 pm

Noughtypixy wrote:Added 4 organisms another smart swimmer a dumb swimmer a viroswimmer and a stickyviro seems stable at the moment,
Crab things at bottom died of old age.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzg4vcyisyxur ... trate?dl=0
Feel free to pick and choose which ones you prefer

Nice! The problem with crabs is that they only survive if a predator is present to damage the simpler swimmers, as I upgraded then to have a keratinocyte, as well as a behaviour that allows them to dodge predators.
-First experiment of the Aspiring Apprentice-
Once a single split,
Now a grand gift,
Thanks to evolution,
A complete revolution.

The substrate being well lit,
The cells no longer fit,
One last tragic split:
"I quit!"

-the Lost Poet

Noughtypixy

Postby Noughtypixy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:54 pm

This is still my favorite substrate to make things for, currently running the beta and breeding smart gamite swimmers on it, along with an organism that has the egg bearing part feed off light whilst the other part uses food and also seeks receptive females.
beware the pixys

Return to “Showcase of our Creations”