The SoilMaker (isnt actual soil)

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Eu Sou A Fazenda

The SoilMaker (isnt actual soil)

Post by Eu Sou A Fazenda » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:14 am

Heya. So, I was looking at a plate, and I said: wow, this thing looks realy empty.
That was when I got an idea. My idea was making something that would make it harder to cells move around.
So, ive created the SoilMaker. Note that its actualy very simple. Its more basic than a basic swimmer: it has 2 modes!
The first mode is a Photocyte. When it splits, its childs are another mode 1 and in a keratinocyte. The keratine is what im using
to make it harder for the movement. Ive maked a cool ecosystem with they, look:

In this ecosystem, it have the SoilMaker, an "basic Swimmer" that I created and a more complex one that Ive got from the forums.
Note that I didnt created the bigger, red and black one.It was created by 121Daredevil. It have 5 SoilMakers in the picture/plate. I didnt added a predator to it because Im afraid that he might kill one of the SoilMakers.
Ive still need to fix that, but I couldnt do it. If anyone has any idea, tell me ok?

Here is a link to download it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsaj8lm9tyyhq ... trate?dl=0
Last edited by Eu Sou A Fazenda on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
121daredevil

Re: The SoilMaker (isnt actual soil)

Post by 121daredevil » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:34 am

Isn't that serpent looks like the substrate that i made from an ecosystem?
For every failure has made. Try and try again and Success will be achieved
121daredevil

Post by 121daredevil » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:49 am

Isn't that serpent looks like the substrate that i made from an ecosystem? Or is it just me?
Eu Sou A Fazenda

Post by Eu Sou A Fazenda » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:03 pm

121daredevil wrote:Isn't that serpent looks like the substrate that i made from an ecosystem? Or is it just me?
I think yes, I got it from a post. Im going to edit it to give you credits, sorry!
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:42 pm

I don't think you need to but however you like, since you aren't claiming you created the serpent but the other organism.

About it though, like it. You should give it a Keratinocyte constantly attached to it because a clever organism could clean the plate by targeting the Photocytes. Making it immune would make it stronger.
It will take more modes though
Eu Sou A Fazenda

Post by Eu Sou A Fazenda » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Okay guys, so ive did some experiments, and Ive got a improvement to the SoilMaker and 2 new creations.

Lets start with the SoilMaker. Ive upgraded it by, when it divides, it creates a copy of itself and another Photocyte.
The photocyte then grow a little and splint into 2 Keratinocytes.This means that he actualy produces the double the soil.

Now, lets go to the new genomes.

The green one is the DirtLover, while the red one is the DirtHater. Yea, uncreative names I know :roll:

DirtHater was created to be a organism that dont work on the dirt. He needs to be constantly eating, otherwise he dies due
to his 3 Flagellocytes comsuming too much energy. When one of its Senseocytes detects any cell, he moves faster so that he dosnt loose it.
That is his second biggest flaw. Here, he will be constantly running at the dirt/Keratinocyte, and will lose a lot of energy. The fact that rocks
can enter between its censors and Devoracyte is bad, making his speed even lower when caring dirt. The lack of many Devoracyte makes it even harder to eat its prew. Now, lets look at its strongest brother, DirtLover.

DirtLover is very strong, despite having many similaritys with DirtHater. However, one of its kew diferences is that it does not has a Sensocytes:
its a dumb creature, whitch is great here, so he wont detect rocks as food. Having only one Flagellocyte also helps him, as he dont use a lot of energy per second. He has 2 Photocytes, so even when completely stopped by the soil he still can live well. Even there he still can make a important part of its life: Reproduction. He reproducts by the tail, so all DirtHaters that are born will walk away from the place where he was stuck. And he has a LOT of childres. Another thing that defines its survivability is the weapons: Having 3 Devoracitys realy helps he corner his oponents. And, even when this donst work, he still can kill the competition. There is a bug (I think its a bug, I dont know) that if a cell gets smashed on the corner of the map, it dissapears (yes I double-checked, the option "Kill Cells at edge" wasnt on). This means that he can kill pushing the soil into its oponents. And he realy wont misss that food, he can live withouth food thanks to the Photocytes.

Download:

Hater: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbhhavgi0e3oz ... enome?dl=0

Lover: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn6xqu3v3ndf6 ... enome?dl=0

SoilMaker 2.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhra94g4iwr03 ... enome?dl=0

What im realy liking here is the fact that intelligent creatures are sligtly worse than inteligents here.
Not only they will detect the wrong cell, but the bigger you are, the harder it is to walk around. And brains take space.
The coolest part is that a cell can became the same color as the ground, so it is impossible for a system to difereciate between a cell
and the dirt (At least till where I know). Basic swimmers seem to be very good around here. When a cell dies, it leaves some food left.
Basic Swimmers are very good at getting those, as they are small (being able to pass trought cells) and eat exactly that. Ill keep researching more cool things that can be done in a terrain like this. This is all for now.
121daredevil

Post by 121daredevil » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:01 am

I'm very proud of your creations! Although your welcome to use my ecosystem when ever you want. Oh and your creation is very Impressive. I might send it to my collection. Congratulations by the way. ;)
121daredevil

Post by 121daredevil » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:12 am

My serpent just curls up in my ecosystem. Is that where your inspiration flows up?
Screenshot_2017-10-02-18-10-14.png
Eu Sou A Fazenda

Post by Eu Sou A Fazenda » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:13 pm

121daredevil wrote:My serpent just curls up in my ecosystem. Is that where your inspiration flows up?
Screenshot_2017-10-02-18-10-14.png
Yea, after some time it also curled in mine ecosystem.

Anyways, here is another creature I made. This time, it isnt related to the SoilMaker, but it has a similar concept.

Its the InkSwimmer! (Got it? Basic Swimmer? Ink? Ink Swimmer? Ah forget)
Its just a normal basic swimmer, BUT when it reproduces it leaves a Keratinocyte.
It can be used to slow down predators or confuse them (after all, Senseocytes still detect they as cells).
Just like some sea creatures! It looks like today isnt the day for smart swimmers.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6lgu3k6twhac ... trate?dl=0
121daredevil

Post by 121daredevil » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:21 pm

You need to remove radiation. Its causing the swimmers to not swim and dies. Or if thats what you intended to do ;)
Just like me.