New way of Reproduction

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
H4yw1r3

New way of Reproduction

Post by H4yw1r3 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:38 am

After experimenting and creating lots of ways to do such things, I've decided to share one of the things that I've found.

Some of you may have know this but for the new ones, I introduce to you a new way of reproduction.
Basically, every cell present on the organism functions as an egg, waiting to be hatched. I've configured it to produce a certain amount of offsprings to increase the probability of surviving of that species. The chances of surviving of the offsprings depends on how it's oriented when hatched. Hope you get ideas from this!

Substrate:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr6x9lnmozq86 ... trate?dl=0

EDIT:
Notice:
This method may not work if the organism is too large for this to be implemented..
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Noughtypixy

Re: New way of Reproduction

Post by Noughtypixy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:48 am

Played around with this idea myself, didn't get it working this well tho. Well done on getting the nutrient balance right.
beware the pixys
Emera

Post by Emera » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:27 am

I can't believe that I couldn't firgure this out before! xD
Cell Lab_2018-02-06-20-24-26.png
It's quite interesting way to reproduce when the organism has low amount of cells..
One interesting behavior that can be made from this kind of reproduction is that the organism can self eliminate if it
doesn't get enough nutritions in time for the full development!
So there will be less amount of mal-functioning organisms.
POTATOCYTE
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:52 am

I fused this method with some custom configurations and I made myself a pretty strong breed of linear swimmers. Problem is they're a bit hungry for light.. :| (I can't get them to store that much nutrients in them, forcing me to use some Photocytes)
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
Emera

Post by Emera » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:16 pm

Arg. I see..
Maybe having some development steps?
So it wouldn't need to grow from splitted to fully grown, but step by step..
POTATOCYTE