Stomach Swimmer

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Alast

Re: Stomach Swimmer

Post by Alast » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:09 am

They do. I'm still tinkering. I have a version now that accelerates when approaching coated food and decelerates after digesting which makes it turn better. But I'm not quite happy with it yet.

/edit: getting there, stay tuned ;)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:08 pm

This is looking good now!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg8zmogxsv7cf ... trate?dl=0

For more fun I've "opened" the mouth by not creating adhesin between the 2 Ciliocytes.

It's really cool watching the organism accelerating towards a lump of food, swallowing it whole and then decelerating to digest and look for the next meal
Emera

Post by Emera » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:43 pm

All the people here are so genious :O
POTATOCYTE
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:41 pm

I've created yet another version! The layout is slightly updated to have the organism be safer from its own Secrocyte.

Also I just cannot prevent collisions with other Swimmers. If that happens they tend to get so entangled that they both die and if food is near other Swimmers might run into that clump forming a big cluster of cells rendered useless. So I've implemented a Kill Switch. Once a cell of a Swimmer dies it sacrifices itself for the greater good of the species. Try it out and see for yourself ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xc4khb0yukpr ... trate?dl=0
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:22 am

Is it a complete self destruction? The whole swimmer? I didn't see it when I checked it out..

That's great. It can eat so much food in one go, mine looks like a little bug taking its sweet time eating a piece of food and yours goes and swallows all in one. Great design.

If the swimmer no longer avoids others of itself why the extra secrocytes (I'm not on the phone now and I looked at it this morning. Fuzzy memory :? )
Alast

Post by Alast » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:52 am

It does avoid. But the avoidance is weaker than the food desire especially now that I've set the substrate to create lumps. So they want to avoid each other but they want food more when there is some!

Check out the substrate and remove a cell of a full grown swimmer. It's a bit like fireworks ;-)
Alast

Post by Alast » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:06 am

I found a way to balance the different stimuli by channeling through a Neurocyte. This way I've managed to improve the avoidance of other swimmers:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtmxb5t7hb42l ... trate?dl=0
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:40 am

So coool! :o . Not only the creature's design, but the way its programmed. I try to make one my self, but i got stuck trying to make a suitable layout of sensory cells (and their progamming) to avoid hazards like crushing each other and walls. Good job Alast and Nayus!

Im thinking of a symbiosis type of organism like Megathosto's ring swimmers, where insteas of dumb phagoswimmers inside the ring, its individual lipase secrocyte organism, that also reproduce inside. Kinda like E-coli in our intestines help digest food.
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Alast

Post by Alast » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Good seeing you back :-) Curious to see what will come out of your idea.

In the meantime I've tweaked my Stomach Swimmer a bit more with an updated layout and adjusted settings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7lszex40b3hx ... trate?dl=0
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:04 am

You monster.

Welcome back C4pung