Stomach Swimmer

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
C4pung

Re: Stomach Swimmer

Post by C4pung » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:17 am

Thanks for the welcome :D . Ive been tinkering with this organism (because i failed at making the stomach swimmers, lipase are alot harder than cyanide lol), and I got something pretty exciting:

Subs https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgvbiax7zmc29 ... trate?dl=0

Organism-wise it have a really simple programming and layout (havent managed to make it avoid others), but as the name suggest, it crush stuff! :D . Kinetic and mechanical weapon in cell lab idea have been around a long time so im really excited to finally implement it.

2 rows of ciliocytes grind up little cells to feed the phagocyte. I have 2 spare stereocyte that i havent program to avoid walls and avoid it self.
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:42 am

Cool concept of gaining energy! :-)

Nayus, who's a monster? And why?
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
Nayus

Post by Nayus » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:59 pm

You Alast ;)
The way you keep creating new and better versions. And also the way you made your creatures explode if one of their cells dies. Funny with a small hint of disturbing :lol:
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:13 pm

As I said, the self destruct is for the greater good of the species. I rather have one organism die than 2 or 3 just because they're facing each other in sort of a dead lock :-P

And what can I say. Your stomach swimmer has inspired me. When I'm inspired I like to get the best out of my genomes ;-) At this point I'm pretty happy with it, though.
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:06 am

I love how the food flow directly to the secrocyte. Lipase Secrocytes are hard to handle and fit into organism but this layout work just find.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
Momiro

Post by Momiro » Thu May 17, 2018 6:38 am

Alast wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:41 pm
I've created yet another version! The layout is slightly updated to have the organism be safer from its own Secrocyte.

Also I just cannot prevent collisions with other Swimmers. If that happens they tend to get so entangled that they both die and if food is near other Swimmers might run into that clump forming a big cluster of cells rendered useless. So I've implemented a Kill Switch. Once a cell of a Swimmer dies it sacrifices itself for the greater good of the species. Try it out and see for yourself ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xc4khb0yukpr ... trate?dl=0
Can you explain how you managed to implement this? I've watched the genome and I can't really figure out how you did it, but I gotta say, it's ingenious.
Oh shoot, I need one more mode..
Maybe if I just...
Aand now it's broken and I don't know how to fix it
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu May 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Do you lean how I implemented the kill switch? Or which behavior are you referring to?
Momiro

Post by Momiro » Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Alast wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:24 pm
Do you lean how I implemented the kill switch? Or which behavior are you referring to?
Yeah, I think I figured it out, though, you limit splitting with max connections and set the split mass to always split, so when one breaks, it's allowed to split, and sets off a chain reaction.
I'm making a new swimmer that should be able to utilize that well, and I'm intending the design to be very agile, so hopefully we can avoid collisions in the first place.
Maybe if I just...
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 pm

That's exactly how it works :-)

Collisions usually isn't a problem. Just in this case with the Lipase and the Ciliocytes collisions can be lethal.
Momiro

Post by Momiro » Fri May 18, 2018 10:09 am

Alast wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 pm
That's exactly how it works :-)

Collisions usually isn't a problem. Just in this case with the Lipase and the Ciliocytes collisions can be lethal.
And messy, since they can fit some cells in their mouth with no way to digest cells.. The max connections feature is new isn't it? I think I can ensure regeneration with a few tricks using that too, of at least some parts.
Maybe if I just...