(WIP) Fission Reactor

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
C4pung

(WIP) Fission Reactor

Post by C4pung » Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 am

In this substrate, you will find 2 groups of identical black photocyte. One outside, the other is encased within another ring of red photocyte. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9muahs17o6loo ... trate?dl=0

These black photocyte splits into 2 black photocytes, which in turn split again into 4 gametes. This is how they reproduce. But, I found out that gametes need to orient their self in a specific way before they can fuse (we rarely see this because most of the time gametes are attached to a mobile organism). Because of this, you can see the photocyte outside cannot reproduce.

A diffrent story for the one inside the ring. Because they are packed so closely together, the gametes have alot easier time to fuse. In a nutshell, the ring of photocytes serve as a "reactor" for the fission (and fusion) of the gametes.

So whats in progress? I've been trying so hard to make another organism that can harness the "energy" from these gametes (alot of gametes crush each other yielding a few bits of food). The organism need to do 2 things: find the gametes, and encase then inside.

I have like 25 diffrent layout that fails :? , from 8 ring, 16 ring, Nayu's stomach swimmer, even Megathosto's arm predator (open ring). All of them fail both of the objective. Ciliocytes are really hard to use and the sheer power of the gamete split cause the organism to break from the inside. Can anyone help me make such an organism? :roll:

Ps. Sorry for long post :oops: I deleted imgur because i dont have enough space in my phone. Maybe a few pictures will make the post more interesting
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Megathosto14

Re: (WIP) Fission Reactor

Post by Megathosto14 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:02 am

Wait,how is it different from just using photocyte?
And what's the energy for? To move?
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Wed May 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Megathosto14 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:02 am
(1)Wait,how is it different from just using photocyte?
(2)And what's the energy for? To move?
1. Photocytes splits indefinitely, my fission organism need to be at close proximity and compact as possible to split. They dont just touch, but need to touch at a specific way to fuse; hence the "reactor" to compact them

2. Well, yes, to move and basicly survive. The food bits get absorbed by the "reactor" to survive. The organism in progress would be a swimmer that is able to harness that energy, as well as finding more and "contain" it to survive
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Megathosto14

Post by Megathosto14 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:12 pm

Hurm... Too prevent it from breaking, we might need stronger wall,limit the split or just let the cells go out if it's in full capacity or let the reactor consumes them a bit with gluo or devourocyte.

That last idea is to make a small room with small entrance(prevent overconsume) leading extra cells to devourocyte.

About the encasement, I can only think of ciliocyte, the cells are already in the reactor or hitting under lowest viscocity which isn't the purpose of the encasement since they can just live fine in that environment

I think you've already thought about all of this.....but I'll just write it anyway
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
humon

Post by humon » Tue May 15, 2018 12:58 pm

It seems the cold war is here and a biological nuclear missile is in the works. Pretty fun design btw
-First experiment of the Aspiring Apprentice-
Once a single split,
Now a grand gift,
Thanks to evolution,
A complete revolution.

The substrate being well lit,
The cells no longer fit,
One last tragic split:
"I quit!"

-the Lost Poet
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:12 pm

I'm starting to see this organism as an attempt to exploit secrest from Cell Lab..
Are complex creatures too advanced for you to understand?
Well, let me flood you with them.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Wed May 16, 2018 6:18 am

Still got alot of problem trying to make the reactors :( . Meanwhile, this type of fission is 2 staged (2 types of gamete need to cross). So it need a really dense population to start breeding indefinitely.

Subs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3w0nafl1vm2f ... trate?dl=0
Trying to breed it manually by putting egg is pretty much impossible without dragging them together to "start the reaction". The reactors sped up the process by alot, and even the stray gametes outside can react to with the reaction byproduct.

Thankyou for the suggestion @Megathosto. The chamber to catch stray gametes is a really cool suggestion!
Sydygaliev

Post by Sydygaliev » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:11 am

Hello!I made my version of fission reactor.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/crk8ut8adhg1a ... trate?dl=0
This reactor use devourocyte and phagocyte for making and eating food.
Sorry for bad english :) ,i from Kyrgyzstan.