Paramecium-like eating

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Megathosto14

Paramecium-like eating

Post by Megathosto14 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:01 pm

I don't know what I did. I tried to copy how paramecium eat but this is all I got. It can only avoid wall and needs a lot of energy. The food only stuck at the end of the last ciliocyte when the ciliocytes grow as big as the phagos
The phagos should split so the food can be eaten. I'll do that later,a bit busy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu7qgsmyuwg7p ... trate?dl=0
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.
C4pung

Re: Paramecium-like eating

Post by C4pung » Fri May 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Cool structure! Havent been able to make a hollow swimmer that is able to avoid something (oversaturated flagelos by signals make it stop moving). Perhaps a dish with "lumpier" food bits will be better. The even spread of food caused the organism to only spin in 1 direction
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Megathosto14

Re: Paramecium-like eating

Post by Megathosto14 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Well, there's no food stereocyte to begin with so maybe I'll put it in the middle where there's space available. And yeah, I'll try to the nutrient lumps.
Killing one makes one a sinner.
Killing hundreds makes one a hero.
Killing thousands makes one a king.
Killing millions makes one an emperor.