Gamete Eaters

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
C4pung

Gamete Eaters

Post by C4pung » Thu May 24, 2018 4:48 pm

One thing i learned about gametes, is that if the mode after fusion is unchanged, the resulting gamete will become bigger (the bigger one "consume" the smaller one). So, i try to implement that : https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ctzisn0pimce ... trate?dl=0

The swimmer have a hollow center to aid the fusion of the gametes. The swimmer's stereocyte will produce smaller gametes to fuse to the bigger one in the bottom, while the bottom keratinocyte high nutrient priority will suck nutrients from the bigger gamete to produce more eggs.

Im still thinking of other ways for an organism to feed via gametes.
-One in progress (a really slow progress :lol: ) is reactor swimmer that collects (via ciliocyte) fuse splitting gametes and eat the food bits left by the gametes that are crushed by the pressure of the fusion
-a swimmer-floater hybrid that catches (like a basket) falling gametes to fuse with itself
-mass based gamete eggs, only hatch after the gamete has fused enough mass, aided by swimmers/other mechanism
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Summer2004

Re: Gamete Eaters

Post by Summer2004 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Well I also discovered that too (gametes eating each other) but thought it was just uninteresting. (o)
Being a true Christian is not just reading the Word of God but living by it.
There are two energy sources in this game: Food bits and Light.
Every predator needs a Keratinocyte, but not every prey need a Keratinocyte.
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Thu May 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Then you and I have diffrent interests ;) . 2 of my favorite organisms in cell lab are sexually reproducing organism (via gamete, stemocyte, secrocyte, or virocyte) and Omnis (organism that dont have a specific "front")

Meanwhile, i tried to make gamete "eggs"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkq31sib1b1f2 ... trate?dl=0

Two organism live in this gravity plate, one is a donor floater that rains gamete, and a kite swimmer. The kite swimmer make eggs that have a gamete attached, and have a maximum adhesin of 1. In order to hatch, they need to get rid of their gametes or "fertilize" it so to speak.

There can be two scenarios:
1. The egg's gamete is larger than its competitor, after having enough mass by eating rain/other egg's gamete, it will detach from its egg. The swimmer that emerge from here is a healthy one with plenty of mass
2. The egg's gamete is smaller than its competitor, it will get eaten by rain/other egg's gamete. The swimmer that emerge from here have small mass and likely to die

Ps.
Summer2004 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:56 pm
(o)
can i see your profile picture floater? It looks cool
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:04 am

I think your organism with a Gametophyte Engine is pretty cool. I think you can make stomach swimmers out of it by editing it into a larger scale.. :3
You can summon me to help you modify genomes..
C4pung

Post by C4pung » Fri May 25, 2018 11:35 am

Thank you! :D. Yes, i got the idea from Megathosto's stomach swimmers and scaled it down (from radius 2 to radius of 1).

I got a few trouble playing with even number of sensory cells, so i made it that way. Besides, from my experience trying to make cellular-reactors, the larger the fusion area, the harder it gets for the gametes to orient themself to fuse, so i used a ring with radius of 1 :) .
Summer2004

Post by Summer2004 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:01 pm

C4pung wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:24 pm
can i see your profile picture floater? It looks cool
Here is a screenshot:
IMG_20180525_175712.jpg
Notice the left dot, it is swimming towards it.
Sorry but I can't send the substrate/genome, something is wrong with my Dropbox/Google Drive/Device.
Being a true Christian is not just reading the Word of God but living by it.
There are two energy sources in this game: Food bits and Light.
Every predator needs a Keratinocyte, but not every prey need a Keratinocyte.