Stabilizer

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
Alast

Stabilizer

Post by Alast » Sun May 27, 2018 2:40 pm

I've created a little organism testing the new Velocity sense:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v2dz04epzeol ... trate?dl=0

It's like an anti-omnidirectional. Toss it around with the Tweezers tool and see what it does :-)
Perfection hasnt reached me yet, but its trying hard!
C4pung

Re: Stabilizer

Post by C4pung » Mon May 28, 2018 10:37 am

Nice! This use the same function as Z2Z's space organism right?. One thing i found that was quite funny was CL cells are really sensitive to movement (especially by tweezers). If i moved the modules to fast i will yank it right off the stem.

Then it gets quite interesting: because of the spinning movement, the module will try to stabilize it self and ended giving more and more rotational speed, eventually crushing itself. Esentially the modules need to work together in unison to stabilize the whole organism!

There is alot of stemocytes new function (velocity, mass, # connection) but i really didnt understand them at all :( . Maybe an update on the stemocytes post will be good as i experiment with it myself too. The functions are really exciting and will open new ways to create organisms and maybe challenges too
Currently resides in Showcase of Our Creations . Have you realized how many (o) you killed everytime you press the sterilize button? You monster ! :cry:
Alast

Post by Alast » Mon May 28, 2018 10:49 am

Yes, it's the same principle. I've created it feeling inspired by his post before I got to see his creation to tzen find out that mine is pretty much an unintentional copy.

So all credit to Z2Z :-)
Zero2Zero

Post by Zero2Zero » Wed May 30, 2018 11:51 pm

Nice! I like how you used 2 flagellocytes to stabilize the cell. Your organism is more efficient than mine due to that. This is a fun use of the velocity detection function, isn't it? :)
Desert 2 using only phagocytes? Possible... someday.
Alast

Post by Alast » Thu May 31, 2018 8:52 am

Yes, it is!

I've played with your organism. You already have 2 Flagellocytes per arm, too. You can increase it's stabilizing behavior significantly by turning around one of your Stereocytes and increasing the Velocity sense.
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:22 am

If you guys have ever checked my Random Circler, it actually uses velocity to not crush itself in a wall.
Ahh, summertime!

And now the substrate is covered in photocytes