Multicellular virus with transformation

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
wildwood008

Multicellular virus with transformation

Post by wildwood008 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:45 am

So basically i use a virus to implant an organism in a contamination cell that manifest partial dna of the contamninant cell as a byproduct. Using sexual reproduction.....it can make weird combos. I make a keritanocyte that splits into a photo..that makes a protected virocyte.....that implants an organism that is past its viral mose in its lifetime.... Works with any lifeform..14 modes or less
Havent tried 3 viruses =21 modes
Problems: maturating virus is someti.es mutated by contaminated viruses.
Other problem: Can take time...sometime results are clear and fast...other times...thw exact oppposie.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/td79jxwoifrx7 ... trate?dl=0

Or change 18 into a lipo that goea 20/30 and 90 degress
SlowMind

Re: Multicellular virus with transformation

Post by SlowMind » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:18 am

your substrate is so big, 0.91MB?
I don't know where to start :(
wapcaplet

Re: Multicellular virus with transformation

Post by wapcaplet » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Great concept! It took me a while to see what was going on here, but now I see that M5 is the mother cell for the protected virus-spitters, and they are infecting the random contaminant cells. If both viruses bump into a healthy M10 cell, modes M10-M18 are infected, and they become a new swimmer with a gamete head. Sometimes only M10-M16 are infected, and the head is different, depending on the original genome.

I like the idea of an organism that reproduces only by infection--expressing its genes via another organism's cells. The use of viruses as a form of DNA copy/paste is interesting too. I wonder what it would be like if hosts were to evolve a defense against infection (like protecting M10 with keratin), or if the parasite could develop a way to subvert the defense mechanism (by infecting M10 via another, unprotected mode).

Using multiple viruses to infect 14-21 modes, you could make an infected swimmer with quite a complex layout and behavior, or even several different swimmers or sessiles. There are a lot of possibilities here.