Single flagellocyte smart floater (aka Bellyflopers)

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
drowemos

Single flagellocyte smart floater (aka Bellyflopers)

Post by drowemos » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:33 pm

This design is probably not new to anyone, as it's rather simple, but I'm pretty proud that I worked out how to do it. The basic idea was to make a smart floater that moves to food using only one fixed flagellocyte. I came up with this organism that bellyflopps on to nutrient, swimming above the food and then sinking down to consume it. The are pretty efficient organisms out surviving any two flagellocyte floaters I can create. I have not put them against a single flagellocyte and Myocyte design yet but I think they would do pretty well. Fine tuning the is the key. You want the Buoyocyte to do most of the work here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvi0fvomk26kx ... trate?dl=0
wapcaplet

Re: Single flagellocyte smart floater (aka Bellyflopers)

Post by wapcaplet » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:22 pm

Nice and effective design! The angle of your buoyocytes gives them quite good steering, and the single flagellocyte is enough to push them up against gravity.

Smart floaters have been a challenge for me; I haven't come up with any that work yet. I will have to incorporate some of your ideas on the next attempt. :)
drowemos

Re: Single flagellocyte smart floater (aka Bellyflopers)

Post by drowemos » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:52 pm

wapcaplet wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:22 pm
Nice and effective design! The angle of your buoyocytes gives them quite good steering, and the single flagellocyte is enough to push them up against gravity.

Smart floaters have been a challenge for me; I haven't come up with any that work yet. I will have to incorporate some of your ideas on the next attempt. :)
I look forward to see what you cook up. Thanks for the kind words.