Help for the making of a wall

Post your creations here. It can be either a cool genome or an interesting ecosystem. Indicate if you designed it yourself or if it was created through evolution, or both :). File, picture, or video is required.
DrYeet2704

Help for the making of a wall

Post by DrYeet2704 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Hi,
I unlocked the stemocyte recently, and I want to make a modular wall that can detect a wall and then terminate the making of the wall. I know it'd need stemocytes and stereo/senseocytes, but I do not know how to do this. I tried to do it so that it M1(Pt) develops into M2(Gl) and M3(Pt) and have M3 develop into M4(Pt) and M5(Pt), and M5 develops into M6(St) and M7(Sm). I then wanted M7 to change into a Glueocyte when the Stereocyte behind it detected a wall. This did not work.
Can anyone help?
Know of any cool things? TELL ME NOW! :D :D :D
RedShift

Re: Help for the making of a wall

Post by RedShift » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:46 am

Try M1 split to M2, M3. M2 will not split and M3 will split to M4(Stemocyte), M5(senseocyte).M5 sense type = wall, output value = set it it to 5.0. M6 differentiation path 1 = set Mode to M1, move the slider to max value, Differentiation path 2 = set Mode to M7(Gluocyte), Signal substance dependence select conditional function and set c value to 0.02, set b value to 1.00.
Have a nice day! :)
DrYeet2704

Post by DrYeet2704 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:25 am

Right, I tried this too and that hasn't worked. It detects the wall, but it doesn't do anything. The signal substance used is the same: S1. I'm guessing its to do with the stemocyte, maybe from the differentiation path 1 slider value overwriting the path 2 slider value. Does the differentiation value for path 2 need to be higher or does path 1 need to be lower?
Thanks.
RedShift

Post by RedShift » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:11 am

Okay, I just realized that Path 1 overrides the path 2, you're right. So I guess a delay might solve the problem. Set the input of path 1 to Cell age and set the b to 1.00 and c to 0.02, there will be a delay before the stemocyte differentiate again and there will be also short time for senseocyte to detect wall and activate the path 2.
DrYeet2704

Post by DrYeet2704 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:30 am

Okay! Just found something funny after that (its worked btw). It's made an inchworm of some kind. Because I needed the stemocyte to age, I needed to turn on cell aging, which kills the cells after a while. So the wall ages a bit, and then the tail dies, at the same speed as when it grows. I may upload that result to Youtube as it is quite funny. Then again, I may not. :D
To accomodate a feature so that it wouldn't stick to the walls, I made another segment type and set the diff. path 2 to that other segment. Now it collects food. :D
Didn't give a proper wall, but it gave me some good laughs with the inchworm!

Thanks RedShift.
RedShift

Post by RedShift » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:46 pm

No problem :)
Goteatenbyaphotocyte

Post by Goteatenbyaphotocyte » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:05 pm

I made it ! :D

There's no keratinocyte in it but it's pretty strong : I haven't been able to get through many walls like this one with many protease swimmers. (yay :D)
Put the first cell on the left side and just watch it grow :D
  • You can reduce Senseocyte (M3)'s Split mass so the wall is built faster ^^
  • I only used M1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 for this ^^
  • The stemocyte require really accurate calibrations and this organism only work around the center of the substrate, if you put it too high or too low, senseocytes will detect the wall next to it
[Here are screenshots and download link] :

[Substrate] : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GTJOA5 ... sp=sharing

[Genome] : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GUr0Ej ... sp=sharing

[Screenshots] : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
DrYeet2704

Post by DrYeet2704 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:45 am

So, you made it? I'll have a quick look in the morning, I've gone about 24 hours of no sleep! I
Let me ask one thing: How come it only works in the centre? I'm guessing due to the environment. Sounds good.

Stay safe, people.
DrYeet2704

Post by DrYeet2704 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:53 am

This is my first post on here, so I'll finish off with a status for this project. :!: How

:!: Current status: Closed, requesting comment lock by moderators. :!:

I have had a quick look at the screenshots provided by goteatenbyaphotocyte, and they pass. I must admit, I was not expecting this response on a forum. I was expecting vague instructions or a "watch xxx's video" kind of thing. I was pleasantly surprised, I'll say, at getting detailed instructions and a genome + substrate to have a "play" with.

I find this stuff very interesting, understanding mechanisms in the cells and such like, and I haven't even started my GCSE Biology class! It helps not only with keeping me occupied, but I also learn a bit too. Even better. I'm the kid who likes school, basically.

Thank you to both RedShift and goteatenbyaphotocyte for your help here. I appreciate it.