Keratinocyte too strong?

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
AaAShmo

Re: Keratinocyte too strong?

Post by AaAShmo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Let's try to avoid quoting if we can please, it's getting confusing...
Petter
Site Admin

Post by Petter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:49 pm

AaAShmo wrote:Let's try to avoid quoting if we can please, it's getting confusing...
Yes, there has been some excessive quoting, please stop.

It's a nice suggestion. When I first made the keratinocyte it was much weaker, just protecting itself (and then there were only devorocytes to protect from). That turned out too weak so I made it protect neighbors too. Then when more dangerous cells came I naturally expanded it to protect against those. I agree it can be a bit too powerful sometimes, it would definitely be enough to protect against one danger at a time in many cases. Perhaps I would have done it that way if I had redone it now, though as Alast wrote, it is quite hard to change something like this now, messing up many challenges. In defense of the current design: the keratinocyte doesn't pop up very often through evolution anyways so it doesn't seem to be OP that way.

In the distant future, I might make some mod possibility so users can tune things like this. Probably there is a better set of rules than what I came up with that makes CL more interesting :)
AaAShmo

Post by AaAShmo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Well it's not as much as for too op in evolution, rather like, because I want to make and upload boss fights, but how are they supposed to be boss fights when they r either unnkillable, or findable to everything...
0===]==========> AaAShmo <==========[===0
ElNico5

Post by ElNico5 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:22 am

Petter wrote:In the distant future, I might make some mod possibility so users can tune things like this. Probably there is a better set of rules than what I came up with that makes CL more interesting :)
Did you say mod? :o what if there was a cell lab mod api so you can easily introduce new cells and we can also make custom cells, mechanics, textures and so on
Writing from a small house in Agmalarkiia
AaAShmo

Post by AaAShmo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:09 pm

ElNico5 wrote: Did you say mod? :o what if there was a cell lab mod api so you can easily introduce new cells and we can also make custom cells, mechanics, textures and so on
Omg I didn't even notice he said mod... If I turn out to be the cause of a way to mod cell lab... O,O
Seandoggy
Location: North of the south pole, south of the north pole. Certainly on earth for all of 2000-2017.

Post by Seandoggy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:15 pm

You can use Protease to remove keratinos from organism and ravage it however you want...
Seandoggy has <3 Cell Lab for 2 years, now (o)
AaAShmo

Post by AaAShmo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:48 pm

Seandoggy wrote:You can use Protease to remove keratinos from organism and ravage it however you want...
Protease? Ummmm? :|
H4yw1r3

Post by H4yw1r3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:45 am

It's a substance released by Secrocytes. It's very effective when it comes to disabling organisms as long as it's in contact to the bonds with whatever you want to separate..
You can summon me to help you modify genomes..
AaAShmo

Post by AaAShmo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:32 pm

H4yw1r3 wrote:It's a substance released by Secrocytes. It's very effective when it comes to disabling organisms as long as it's in contact to the bonds with whatever you want to separate..
Oh, thanks!