Suggestion: AI Cell

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
TygrCZ

Suggestion: AI Cell

Post by TygrCZ » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Once I was playing, I had an idea for a new type of cell.
What it does: As for Buoyant cells you have Density, and Virus cells have Virus copy from and Virus copy to, this would have setting for choosing, what to target. For example, by choosing "Closest", it would target the closest enemy cell, and let Flagellocytes turn to get there. Super-useful for kamikaze Devorocytes. Settings would be: Closest, Furthest, Smallest and Largest.
Now I want to know what you all think about this!
Hello, I am TygrCZ.
BioCult

Re: Suggestion: AI Cell

Post by BioCult » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:13 pm

In real life cells on the scale of the game don't usually do this. Due to the fact that they just do the autonomous functions that their DNA tells them. Such as: absorb light around me, eat nutrients touching me, eat other cells touching me, etc. The only cell I can think of that targets specific prey is a kind of amoeba that lives in ponds that only eats other cells if they have a specific chemical compounds in their cytoplasm, which it checks by sending a harpoon like protein to pass through the membrane into the inside. This is extensively more primitive than your idea, but you're on the right track! Some more programmable cells would be nice.
TygrCZ

Re: Suggestion: AI Cell

Post by TygrCZ » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:34 am

Because you could make like Kamikaze rockets, it would be awesome. But I get your point. ;)
Hello, I am TygrCZ.