(Suggestion) Bioluminescent Cells

We like few-celled organisms, not bugs!
Jeffjolland1

(Suggestion) Bioluminescent Cells

Post by Jeffjolland1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:05 am

Bioluminescent cells would make for an entertaining light show and photocytes could use it if the light is off. Also if the light is off shouldn't it be darker?
Last edited by Jeffjolland1 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A HAWK! Jeffery
Some Guy

Re: bioluminescent cells

Post by Some Guy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:16 am

Nice idea!
Galimulator is Love. Galimulator is Life.
CandyYAHFT

Re: (Suggestion) Bioluminescent Cells

Post by CandyYAHFT » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:30 pm

the obvious answer is that the bioluminescent cells must be feeded some way, so don't now how could be this justified, unless a little explanation like this

the bioluminescent cells absorb energy from other cells attached to it through adhesin, and the bioluminescent cells turned it into light, which could then by used by any nearly photocyte, but I think that would take lots of progamming, probably not, I really don't know, so it would work as a lipocyte, but instead of only saving energy for cells attached to it, it would have an area effect, which could be more convenient in some conditions,

I just Imagined one...

There is a substrate with no nutrients and some light at the top, there's enough energy to sustain the number of cells required, but there's no room, so in order to expand the area were cells can live, you add one or more modes that are bioluminescent cells, maybe lumenocyte, candelocyte or lightocyte, so then the feeded luminocytes would make photocytes not just survive, but also reproduce without light, and maybe adding sensocytes that feel when there's light (feature that would need to be added), so the (let's say lightocyte) only will illuminate when there's no light, for saving energy, the lightocyte should have the now mentioned settings

light amount
*-------------------------* [substance dependance]
light radius
*-------------------------* [substance dependance]

obviusly at highest you set this settings the cell would spend more energy
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY
bwisialo

Post by bwisialo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:00 am

I'm not sure if he means bioluminescence that requires energy, or if he simply means something like the "night theme" option that some apps have, which just changes the colors, brightness, contrast, etc.
amor fati
CandyYAHFT

Post by CandyYAHFT » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:58 am

Since he said
Jeffjolland1 wrote:...photocytes could use it if the light is off...
I think is gonna be too OP if the thing doesn't need energy
But if the goal is decoration, there it could be an option in the substrate simply bioluminescent cells and yes/no
Cause I think that different levels for a thing that'd be merely decorative seems like it doesn't worth it
PEACE & LOVE,
CANDY